CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 728 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/25/2003 5:20:18 AM   
jason4k

I just went to my local officemax today and bought a 50pk 700MB Khypermedia 48X (supposely) cdrs, free after 2 rebates. After I put one cdr into my drive, it reports that it's 656MB (not 700), and with my LITEON 52246S, it detects the disc can be only record at 16X under nero! Ok, that's not it! Upon closer inspection, I found under the innermost side of the recording surface, there was something blacked and whited out, but some words can still be seen... guess what I saw :) 7B5781-CDR-H74-AUDIO!! It's some freaking re-packaged 16X (I GUESS) AUDIO CD!! I guess no one's buying those cds for their home audio cd recorder, so those punks just repackaged them... that's really nasty business... even though it's free, but that's like false products, they claim it's 48X, 700MB CDRs outside of the spindle! If I dont get the rebates, I'm gonna fu*k the sh*t outta them! Oh.. and I saw some discs called Valu disc, which was also under Khypermedia's rebate form, try to avoid those if you can.

Also, I'm not sure how AUDIO CDRs compares to regular CDRs in terms of quality, anyone know about this, pls tell me. tks!

I also tried Khypermedia in two of my CDRs, same result, I even tried overburn, but failed at about 670...:

LITEON 5224 (latest firmware)
Plextor 121032A (1.10 - latest)

the discs are made by Mistsubishi, I'll post some ATIP later if you're interested...
Post #: 1
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/25/2003 6:06:23 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Interesting! For starters, K-Hypermedia is a CMC brand, and secondly, from my experience, they are one of the better CMC brands... I would be very interested indeed to see the ATIP info on these discs.

By the way, just becasue the wrong discs got packaged doesn't mean it was intentional. Back when I was working selling CD-Rs, I once accidentily sold 500 24x 99min CD-Rs to a group of people, instead of 500 48x 700MB CD-Rs.... hehe, I got a lot of flack over *THAT* one....[:p] of course in my case they were packaged in 50pcs shrinkwrapped, and both types were silver silver and looked EXACTLY the same...so it wasn't a difficult mistake to make.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 2
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/25/2003 7:13:43 AM   
jason4k

Ok, here's the ATIP:

ATIP: 97m 34s 21f
Disc Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemicals Corp.
Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 656.40MB (74m 43s 00f / LBA: 336075)

I can understand about unitentional, but whitening out the AUDIO cd words from the cdr surface gotta be intentional right? Anyways,I have scanned a picture 300res (back & front) for you to see... look closely near the inner side, you'll see the white outs and black stuff.

must open a new browser & copy + paste the link:
http://www.geocities.com/jasonjy002/cdr.jpg

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 3
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/25/2003 7:28:34 AM   
Graffitti

you know.. this isn't a bad price at all for metal azo discs for T@2ing

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 4
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/25/2003 8:26:10 AM   
jason4k

if & only if i get the 2 rebates

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 5
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/25/2003 8:30:31 AM   
Graffitti

unfortunately. I'm not sure how good they are with fulfilling their rebates... did you have to send them to the fulfillment house down in Fl?

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 6
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/25/2003 10:01:46 AM   
rjw

If you get the rebates and if these disc's are not made in India then I think you got yourself some nice disc's.

However it is khypermedia your talking about and if seen some posts. of people who didn't got there rebates. So hopefully you get it

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 7
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/25/2003 11:33:45 AM   
jason4k

how am I ever gonna tell if the discs are made in India?? LOL~~ actually, I kinda like the color on the recording surface, dark blue, looks pretty good, and I dont care about the recording speed since I burn almost everything between 8-16x (methinks lower speed gives better quality, lol!), but the biggest problem of these cdrs is that they're 656mb only. and RJW, where did you hear about people dont get rebates from khypermedia? on this forum? I searched but no results... any info would be appreciated!

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 8
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/25/2003 11:40:14 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Well, I've never heard of K-Hypermedia working with Mitsubishi...and they don't look like any of the K-Hypermedia audio CD-Rs I've seen before either... I wonder what they're up to...

Let us know how the burn quality is please!

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 9
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/25/2003 12:11:51 PM   
rjw

hmm might not be so strange after all. It might be that all the CMC disc's they sold earlier where actually deliverd through Mitsubishi.
Mitsubishi is involved in quite some CMC deals.

Also they could have used just the cheapest disc's they could find.
There is an overstock on Metal Azo 650mb media. For that reason it can be found quite easy and cheap. The 700mb's however are hard to get specially if you want them printable.
Bad point is that most of the overstock disc's where made in India.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 10
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/25/2003 10:04:27 PM   
jason4k

Ok, I did 2 cds, both burned with my Plextor 121032A (1.10) with 8X. They were tested with my Liteon 5224 with cddoctor 1.20beta p1. Here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/jasonjy002/test1.htm

I'm not sure if those graphs look good or not, pls tell me rex or rjw, tks! And I really want my plextor to do some tests, but can't get it to work with cddoctor...

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 11
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/26/2003 4:05:04 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Don't worry! your scans are VERY good! I would sit back and enjoy those CD-Rs since they are much higher quality then any of the K-Hypermedia I've ever used!

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 12
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/26/2003 4:20:50 AM   
jason4k

Thanks Rex!!
I wonder would these graphs be similar compare to the discs which were made in India? haha~~

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 13
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/26/2003 10:52:54 AM   
TerminalVeloCD

@jason4k: That's a very nice scan. You don't have to worry because the error rate on the disc you scanned is VERY low.

@jason4k,Dolphinus_Rex: I've had the same experience with Taiwan-made Verbatim DatalifePlus Metal Azo CD-R's. In my LiteOn LTR-32123S with XS0X firmware, Metal Azo CD-R's work better than Super Azo discs. To Dolphinus_Rex, I encourage you to do a review on the latest Verbatim DatalifePlus 48x or 52x Super Azo CD-R's for your website. They should be easy to find and the price should be right.

TerminalVeloCD

Currently Own:
* ASUS CRW-5232AS 'QuieTrak'
* JLMS XJ-HD165H
* LiteON LDW-451S@851S
* LiteON LTR-32123S
* LiteON LTR-52327S
* LiteON SOHR-5238S
* NEC ND-2500A@2510A
* NEC ND-3500A
* Pioneer DVR-107D
* Pioneer DVR-108

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 14
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/27/2003 1:50:42 PM   
rjw

As good as the results I normally have with my metal Azo (taiwan) disc's in my Plextor 241040A / Lite On 48/24/48 (Never had a problem with this drive and the made in Taiwan Metal Azo disc's.)

Taiwan Metal Azo made in Taiwan are great. There allmost as good as Taiyo yuden disc's when it comes to Error Rates.

Now all you need to get back is the rebate
About the rebate problem I didn't find it on this forum. It was somewhere else I will try to find them back. Can take some days.

About the problems with India disc's there mostly showing up at 24x and higher reading speeds.

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 15
RE: KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! - 7/28/2003 1:32:03 AM   
jason4k

tks RJW for the info! I mailed the rebates the first day I got them, hope I can get them... anyways, I also bought some philips 48x 80min cdrs today, and discovered them to be CMC... I will do some test on them later, hope they're not like those CMC Optimums...[xx(]

(in reply to jason4k)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> KHYPERMEDIA -> very BAD! Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI