CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Turbolinux 10 For AMD64, Intel EM64T Is A Free Download !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1257 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Turbolinux 10 For AMD64, Intel EM64T Is A Free Download ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Turbolinux 10 For AMD64, Intel EM64T Is A Free Download ! - 4/13/2005 3:56:19 PM   
LinuxMarshall

The Asia-centered Turbolinux Inc., the company which calls itself "the leading Linux distribution in the Asia-Pacific region" but has very much retreated from the rest of the world (there was a time when Turbo had a decent market share in the U.S. and IBM's Lotus Notes software supported only two linux distros: RedHat and Turbolinux, -go figure-) has announced the availability of a freely downloadable "technical preview" of Turbolinux 10 for 64-bit cpus. The company says that Turbolinux 10 for AMD64/EM64T is "compatible with the 64-bit Extension Technology Software (EM64T) of Intel Corporation, and AMD Opteron/Athlon 64 Processor of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.".

Koichi Yano, the company's president and COO said "This software is based Turbolinux 10 Server as a base operating platform. Our objective through this initiative is to promote the advantages of the high-performance capabilities of the 64-bit platform to our growing roster of Linux customers. This promotion implements the first phase of Tubolinux's strategy to expand the use of Turbolinux 10 for AMD64/EM64T into the global marketplace". The company also claims that "kernel and various applications have been optimized for 64-bit CPU. Moreover, newly built applications will be free from 32-bit memory and I/O limitations".

The company will also bundled turbolinux on CD with the Intel D925XCVA desktop motherboard thanks to a partnership with Asahi Electronics Company, a japanese Intel reseller. If you want to give this 64-bit preview a spin, point your browser to the company's web site:

http://service.turbolinux.co.jp/tech_us/form/download_10x64_en.php

The Turbolinux 10 for AMD64 / EM64T technical preview consists of two CD images in ISO format, of 605 and 369 mega-bites respectively. You need to register with a valid e-mail address to get the full download link and user name and password. We are downloading it from the company's ftp site at the other side of the Globe with decent speed as this story is being typed, but we imagine everything will be brought to a halt when Linux enthusiasts flock the company's site.

Source : The Inquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Turbolinux 10 For AMD64, Intel EM64T Is A Free Download ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI