CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Software to Determine Make CDR   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1438 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: Software to Determine Make CDR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Software to Determine Make CDR - 7/6/2003 11:58:14 PM   
garf1108

Greetings. JUst wanted to know if there is any software out there that you can use to fetermine the make of CDRs. Not sure if feurio makes it. Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: RE: Software to Determine Make CDR - 7/7/2003 4:10:21 AM   
TerminalVeloCD

You can use Nero Burning Rom to do this. Start Nero, click "Recorder", then hold [SHIFT] while clicking on "Medium-Info...".

Also you can use programs like CD-R Identifier v1.63, LiteOn's SMART-BURN Simulation utility, or MInfo.

Feurio! also includes this function, but because I don't use it, I cannot comment on it's accuracy nor can I advise you on how to access it.

TerminalVeloCD

Currently Own:
* ASUS CRW-5232AS 'QuieTrak'
* JLMS XJ-HD165H
* LiteON LDW-451S@851S
* LiteON LTR-32123S
* LiteON LTR-52327S
* LiteON SOHR-5238S
* NEC ND-2500A@2510A
* NEC ND-3500A
* Pioneer DVR-107D
* Pioneer DVR-108

(in reply to garf1108)
Post #: 2
RE: RE: Software to Determine Make CDR - 7/7/2003 9:39:50 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

so far no single manufacturer identifier is 100% accurate. Everyone of them has had some mistakes, and since not all ATIP codes are even permanent, the database needs to be updated periodically. So take the results "with a grain of salt".

My suggestion is to keep a personal record of all the discs you run into, including Brand, ATIP Lead-In, ATIP Lead-Out, and the one or two serial numbers on the disc. This way you will eventually recorgnize the serial number system for the different manufacturers and not have to bother with a piece of softwareto check your media. Sometimes this can be a useful way of choosing your media at the store too! It's difficult, but sometimes you can see one of the serial numbers on a disc when they are in the spindle, that's one of the ways I manage to avoid buying Cheap branded CMC media.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to garf1108)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> RE: Software to Determine Make CDR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI