CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Man Arrested For Paying For Service At Best Buy With $2 bills !!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1463 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Man Arrested For Paying For Service At Best Buy With $2 bills !! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Man Arrested For Paying For Service At Best Buy With $2... - 4/6/2005 8:00:09 PM   
SiliconFreak

The article is dated March 8th, but this is the first that I've seen of it. WOW is all I can say...just WOW. The man used fifty-seven $2 bills to pay for the installation charge on his son's CD player and ended up getting slapped with a pair of metal bracelets:

PUT YOURSELF in Mike Bolesta's place. On the morning of Feb. 20, he buys a new radio-CD player for his 17-year-old son Christopher's car. He pays the $114 installation charge with 57 crisp new $2 bills, which, when last observed, were still considered legitimate currency in the United States proper. The $2 bills are Bolesta's idea of payment, and his little comic protest, too.

For this, Bolesta, Baltimore County resident, innocent citizen, owner of Capital City Student Tours, finds himself under arrest.

Finds himself, in front of a store full of customers at the Best Buy on York Road in Lutherville, locked into handcuffs and leg irons.

Finds himself transported to the Baltimore County lockup in Cockeysville, where he's handcuffed to a pole for three hours while the U.S. Secret Service is called into the case.

Have a nice day, Mike.

If you can't access the article from the link above, try here.

Source : AnandTech
Post #: 1
RE: Man Arrested For Paying For Service At Best Buy Wit... - 4/7/2005 3:40:45 PM   
Matthew

If he did not violate the rules for legal tender (which may specify a limit for numbers of low denominations ... a wheelbarrow load of coins is NOT legal tender, for instance), then they were flat out wrong, and their attitude leaves a lot to be desired in any case, given the situation detailed....

quote:

"When I bought the stereo player," Bolesta explains, "the technician said it'd fit perfectly into my son's dashboard. But it didn't. So they called back and said they had another model that would fit perfectly, and it was cheaper. We got a $67 refund, which was fine. As long as it fit, that's all.

"So we go back and pay for it, and they tell us to go around front with our receipt and pick up the difference in the cost. I ask about installation charges. They said, 'No installation charge, because of the mix-up. Our mistake, no charge.' Swell.

So having suddenly gone from "no installation charge" to "demanding instant payment or else", it should be no surprise that an awkward form of payment was chosen ... if anything, they deserved a wheelbarrow load of coins!

< Message edited by Matthew -- 4/7/2005 3:48:38 PM >

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Man Arrested For Paying For Service At Best Buy Wit... - 4/7/2005 3:51:25 PM   
SiliconFreak

As far as I could read and understand...they were DEAD WRONGGGGGGGGGGGG...

For Baltimore County police, said spokesman Bill Toohey, "It's a sign that we're all a little nervous in the post-9/11 world."

This is bad excuse if someone asks me...tomorrow someone might go and kill dozens of people...and say..."I was just little nervous...maybe because of 9/11 trauma..."

But at the end...all this just shows the real face of todays modern (read : CRAZY) World we all live in...

Post #: 3
RE: Man Arrested For Paying For Service At Best Buy Wit... - 4/7/2005 6:24:44 PM   
MP3Mogul

They should be sued!

Rusty Wallace, US NASCAR driver, was fined 10,000.00 USD. He paid this fine in PENNIES!!!! LOL!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 4
RE: Man Arrested For Paying For Service At Best Buy Wit... - 4/7/2005 10:38:38 PM   
SithTracy

To he** with Worst Buy. I gave up on that chain long ago. Don't think I have set foot in one for over two years. Where is the corporate headquartes for that dump of a chain? I'd like to write them with my past issues at that store and this one in the press to let them know where I stand as a consumer.

Of course, it makes it money in the U.S. and hires some of America's high school rejects. Education in this country is disolving away and it needs to be recognized by a leader... Ahhh... let me stop. Too long on the virtual soap box.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 5
RE: Man Arrested For Paying For Service At Best Buy Wit... - 4/8/2005 6:22:35 AM   
MP3Mogul

I never shop there either, I go in and get the price of an item, and if Circuit City is higher, they match it. If you purchase something at Worst Buy, and attempt to return it the next day, it's like pulling teeth from a Lion, they NEVER want to give you a refund, and make 10,000 excuses why they cant. They have lost me as a customer forever.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Man Arrested For Paying For Service At Best Buy With $2 bills !! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI