CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Harbortronics Ships VG-D70 Battery Grip For Nikon D70 !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 902 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Harbortronics Ships VG-D70 Battery Grip For Nikon D70 ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Harbortronics Ships VG-D70 Battery Grip For Nikon D70 ! - 3/21/2005 8:11:51 PM   
SiliconFreak

Harbortronics has just begun shipping their new VG-D70 Vertical / Battery Grip for the Nikon D70. This $165 add-on may be just what you D70 owners have been looking for and unable to acquire from Nikon. It's a perfect match, both physically and asthetically, for the D70's black body.

The VG-D70 gives you the ability to have two EN-EL3 battery packs attached to your camera, giving you enough power to take 1,000's of shots. If you only want the advantage of the grip without extra weight just use one battery. It makes the D70 more stable and secure when using a long zoom lens and/or an external flash. It adds a vertical grip and shutter release which can be triggered using the camera's IR function. For those who like to take long exposures or anyone who needs a way to trigger the shutter via a wired remote, the VG-D70 provides a standard connector for it. And you won't lose your tripod socket either, there's a metal one on the base of the grip.

See the VG-D70 on the Nikon D70.

Source : Steves-Digicams

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Harbortronics Ships VG-D70 Battery Grip For Nikon D... - 8/24/2005 10:38:34 PM   
ricoche

Well I can't say much about the Harbortronics product yet as it's been over six weeks thus far and still haven't received it. I would also like to add that my credit card has been charged even though their website claims they only do this at the time of delivery. Furthermore, for a mom and pop shop, their communication leaves a lot to be desired. Although their product may be good, I would regret ever having done business with them in the first place.

Customer service, follow-up, and udpates are very important in addition to any product sold from any company. I think this response is appropriate in an addition to the review above.

Thank you.

In addition, their new D70s cable costs $70 dollars. Make sure you discuss this with them or they will add it to the cost without consulting with you. This is exactly what they did in addition to charging my card before hand. Thus an unauthorized transaction was conducted.

Note: Consumer reports about this company are being prepared and submitted at this time.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Harbortronics Ships VG-D70 Battery Grip For Nikon D70 ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI