CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling Technology !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1370 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling Technology ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direct Di... - 3/16/2005 10:15:31 AM   
SiliconFreak

BenQ First to Market with LightScribe DW1625 DVD+R Double-Layer Drive; Offers LightScribe Feature for Burning Silkscreen-Quality Labels Directly onto CDs and DVDs

BenQ today announced it has begun shipping the new BenQ DW1625, the company's first DVD+/-RW double-layer compatible drive with LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling Technology, as part of a new line of LightScribe-enabled DVD drives. With the introduction of the DW1625 and its included software package, BenQ becomes the first to market with a complete LightScribe-enabled DVD solution.

Utilizing Hewlett-Packard's (HP's) patented technology, BenQ's LightScribe-enabled DVD drives enable consumers to easily burn customized, silkscreen-quality labels directly onto the surface of CDs and DVDs through a combination of LightScribe-compatible media, recordable optical drives and enabling software. With LightScribe labeling technology, users can burn information onto the data side of a CD or DVD as normal, then flip the disc over and burn a precise, iridescent label with the desired text, artwork and graphics using the same laser that burns the data.

LightScribe labels eliminate the need for inkjet printers, ink supplies and cartridges, making the technology an attractive DVD labeling solution for value-conscious consumers. LightScribe labels are permanent and cannot cause damage to the surface of a CD or DVD.

The BenQ DW1625 features 2.4x DVD+R double-layer write, 16x DVD+R write, 4x DVD+RW write, 8x DVD-R write, 4x DVD-RW write, 16x DVD read, 40x CD-R write, 24x CD-RW write and 40x CD read speeds. In addition to its LightScribe labeling capabilities, the BenQ DW1625 supports the broadest range of DVD formats and utilizes an IDE interface, giving users easy access to the convenience of DVD burning without the worry of compatibility issues.

Available now, the BenQ DW1625 has an estimated manufacturer's suggested retail price of $119.

About BenQ
BenQ is an industry leader in networking lifestyle devices with an expertise that encompasses display, storage, imaging, wireless and broadband areas.

BenQ has manufacturing plants in Malaysia, Mexico, China and Taiwan. The company has more than 15,000 employees worldwide, supporting a strong global sales marketing and service network spanning Asia-Pacific, Europe and the Americas. BenQ has research and development facilities in Taiwan (Hsinchu Lab), China (Suzhou Software Development Center) and California, USA (Wireless Technology Center), and has more than 2,000 research and development employees in Suzhou, Taipei, Taoyuan, Hsinchu and San Diego. BenQ has amassed 1,738 global patents. 2003 revenues exceeded US$3.6 billion. For more information about BenQ, please visit the company's Web site at BenQ.com.

Source : BusinessWire
Post #: 1
RE: BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direc... - 3/20/2005 1:31:05 PM   
semo

great news... i can now buy one in the uk...

this drive is not even on the official website of benq(uk). this is just a stupid paper launch

btw, do lightscribe medium manufacturers have to pay royalties to hp for every disc or...

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direc... - 3/21/2005 3:52:02 PM   
emperor

we have the drive at our labs ,hopeufully soon we can present something

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 3
RE: BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direc... - 3/21/2005 7:49:53 PM   
SiliconFreak

I always knew we may count on You emperor!

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 4
RE: BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direc... - 3/22/2005 5:07:58 AM   
semo

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

I always knew we may count on You emperor!

what about me...
you know... for bringing it up

< Message edited by semo -- 3/22/2005 8:51:23 AM >

Post #: 5
RE: BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direc... - 3/22/2005 8:27:35 AM   
SiliconFreak

Sure sure, semo...You are also numero uno...THANK YOU!

But You know...I said that to emperor because of his constant efforts in publishing reviews of such great new products (I hope this BenQ's review or at least very detailed preview will be published soon)...

Also as far as I remember...I made all this possible with publishing the news above in first place...

Anyway semo...glad to have You onboard...and...buy one of those babies...they will be available in the UK within few weeks if not days...

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyy!

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 6
RE: BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direc... - 3/22/2005 8:50:45 AM   
semo

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

Anyway semo...glad to have You onboard...and...buy one of those babies...they will be available in the UK within few weeks if not days...

i hope you're not playing with my head here SF.. i'm a weak man.... i'm on the verge of forking out on the hp ls drive... even thought on ordering the benq from where you guys are but then i'd have to wait too long for the delivery

Post #: 7
RE: BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direc... - 3/22/2005 9:28:49 AM   
SiliconFreak

No no...I am not joking...it really should be available soon in the UK (if only your distibutors,shop owners,..etc etc...show any interest for this drive...)...so...assuming that BenQ started (as they said in press release above) shipping the drive on 3/17/2005...and....that the USA and EUROPE are their biggest markets....and...that within Europe...UK is always amongst the first ones to receive new products...all that...just leed us to conclusion...that it should be available there very soon...within weeks...maybe days... (or am I wrong again semo? what do you personally think about all this?)

Ohhh...and one more...why do You think that delivering this drive from almost anywhere around the world would take (as you said) TOO LONG!? We arent in 16th century anymore...today you may receive almost everything from anywhere in the world within 30 days max! (with few exeptions...but those "exeptions" dont even know what BenQ is...if You got the point...) So really...why not...go for it... At least I know that whenever there is some product thats very interesting to me...and I dont like to wait till it arrives in our country...I order it from wherever in the world... But its up to You to decide....whether to wait few more days...or...order it today and maybe be the first in the UK to have this product... Your decission to make...

In both cases...wish You luck...and lots of joy with your new baby if You decide to buy it...

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 8
RE: BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direc... - 3/22/2005 10:12:22 AM   
semo

naa
i'll wait for the review/detailed preview
i always go around publicizing i'm a sensible person so i'm obliged to act like one

Post #: 9
RE: BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direc... - 3/22/2005 6:11:51 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hahahaha....ok...so be it...no more comments on this one...cause I need to watch my words...not to upset your sensible feelings...

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> BenQ Ships New DVD Re-Writer With LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling Technology ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI