CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

New Sony Walkman Series Strike Back At iPod Shuffle !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1394 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> New Sony Walkman Series Strike Back At iPod Shuffle ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Sony Walkman Series Strike Back At iPod Shuffle ! - 3/8/2005 5:16:38 PM   
SiliconFreak

The empire strikes back; Sony unveils NW-E100, NW-E400 and NW-500 series petite portable audio players with up to 1 GB of memory and 70 hours of playback.

Striking back at the hype that has surrounded Apple's Flash-based iPod shuffle portable audio player since its launch, Sony today unveiled three new series in its line-up of Network Walkman players. The circular and colourful NW-E100 series will cater to the low-end, whilst the supremely stylish EW-400 and EW-500 respectively cater to the mid-range and high-end.

The NW-E100 series includes three models, the NW-E103, NW-E105 and NW-E107, which respectively feature 256 MB, 512 MB and 1 GB of storage capacity. Using the ATRAC3 format, the latter model can store up to approximately 45 CDs worth of music, however the player also supports the vastly preferred MP3 format. Available in a range of six original colours, the NW-E00 series sports a LCD window enabling users to refer to song, artist, or album titles, delivering up to 70 hours of playback on one AAA alkaline battery.

Designed using materials such as acrylic and metallic zinc, the NW-E400 series includes the 256MB NW-E403, the 512MB NW-E405 and the 1GB NW-E407. Available in metallic black, blue, red, and green colour versions, all models feature an Organic EL display that shows three lines of text, including time and date in a new vertical graphical layout. A built-in Lithium Ion rechargeable battery allows 50 hours of playback, and this series also offers a quick charge function which Sony claims will generate 3 hours of playtime with just 3 minutes of recharging.

A step up from the NW-E400 series and available in the same capacity configurations, the NW-E503, NW-E505 and NW-E507 additionally deliver a built-in FM digital tuner, and are also differentiated by its colour schemes: silver, blue, pink, and gold. Both the NW-E400 and NW-E500 models also feature Sony's Jog Shuttle for control, and similar to the NW-E400 the NW-E500 series also offers up to 50 hours of battery life, a quick charge function and support for USB charging.

The entry-level NW-E100 series, mid-range NW-E400 series and high-end NW-E500 series are all slated for availability in April 2005 throughout Europe, and will sell from $150 to $180 USD depending on storage capacity.

Source : InfoSyncWorld

Sony Network Walkman NW-E100(left);Sony Network Walkman NW-E400 (middle);Sony Network Walkman NW-E500(right)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SiliconFreak -- 3/8/2005 5:18:49 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: New Sony Walkman Series Strike Back At iPod Shuffle ! - 3/30/2005 9:45:03 AM   
menuserve

its truly amazing how small the devices are getting... the key is how light they are... people are carrying them around and its like they are not even there... for instance look at the new shirts designed just to carry these things keeping your hands free...

www.ipodt.com

with an older bigger ipod you couldn't do this because it just weighs too much!

RESTAURANT TAKEOUT & DELIVERY MENUS : 2700+ Menus Online

THE IPODT SHIRT FOR THE IPOD SHUFFLE : Wear it and Groove to it!

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: New Sony Walkman Series Strike Back At iPod Shuffle ! - 3/30/2005 6:20:35 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hello menuserve and Welcome to our forum! Glad to have You onboard!

Yes I totally agree with what you said...and once nanotechnology takes over completely....those devices will be so small, that each of them would fit 1 pixel on our monitors...so...some 3 millions such devices on my screen....

Have a nice day/night and PARTYYYYYYYYY...

(in reply to menuserve)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> New Sony Walkman Series Strike Back At iPod Shuffle ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI