CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

NV48 is NV45 With 512MB RAM !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1013 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> NV48 is NV45 With 512MB RAM ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NV48 is NV45 With 512MB RAM ! - 2/28/2005 6:00:02 PM   
SiliconFreak

Same clocks, same name, same as it ever was...

Despite earlier claims, Nvidia will introduce one more card codenamed NV48. It won't be an exciting part of the phenomenon hardware thang, as Nvidia will use NV45 chips and will plug 512 MB of memory at the card. Actually, this time NV48 is the codename for graphic card more than it is for the chip. Clocks will remain the same it will be the same card clocked to 400 MHz core and 1100 MHz memory as it is with NV45, Geforce 6800 Ultra card.

If you remember, and bear with us, dear reader, NV45 is NV40 with BR2 bridge so NV48 is bridge of the bridged card, it sure isn't a native. We could say or describe it as an update of an updated marchitecture. But we won't do that. Oops! We just did.

NV48 will keep the Geforce 6800 series name and if we talk about the NV48 Ultra we will end up with 6800 Ultra 512 MB card. Gainward already announced such a card and it hopes to demo it at the soon to be upcoming CeBIT, or hangover as my dad says.

We are easily sailing towards the new memory graphic wars. Do we actually need 512MB of memory? You don’t want me to answer that question. So all I will say is, give the piece a chance.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
RE: NV48 is NV45 With 512MB RAM ! - 3/5/2005 5:46:29 PM   
semo

i thought the nv48 would also feature a 24 pipeline gpu
just yet another disappointment from the the graphics card front then
well what do i expect... most of the time these days they can't even make the the damn things anymore

edit:wonder if this is just another one of the inquirer's stupid rumours

< Message edited by semo -- 3/5/2005 5:54:15 PM >

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> NV48 is NV45 With 512MB RAM ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI