I was not very impressed with your article about the tdk 24x cd writer.
1. The price you may have paid is is way to much. I recieved mine for $142 at Costco. (with tax)
2. You should have gotten 2 cdr's and 1 cdrw. (I also received 10 bonus cdr's in a mini spindle with mine.)
3. All of the software that you used to test the drive was not designed for that drive. Did you try using the software that came with the cd?
4. Also the statement that it would not work on the udma 33 is incorrect. Currently my ultra ata 66 controllers are not working and I am using the 33.
5.If you are getting coasters with lower quality media, spend a little more, or burn at 16x!
6. I have had no problems with clone cd and this burner. I am using clone cd ver. 184.108.40.206
I don't mean to rant i was just stating what is happening with mine and if you are having problems with yours that is to bad.