CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nero audio problems   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1550 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero audio problems Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nero audio problems - 5/22/2003 10:10:01 PM   
judgeguns

hi guys!

I just loaded nero for the first time. This is all new to me. My motherboard has a realtech97 souncard built into it. I have palyed cd games with out any problems.

After i loaded Nero, the sound is all screwedd up in the games! [V]

I cannot fix it. i have gone to nero site no FAQ's on this problem.

I even deleted nero and the problem stays. i finally fdisked, reformated and reloaded software and that fixed problem but i dont have nero loaded.

Is there a way to use nero without messin up the sound in my my cd games ? [8)]

Let me know !
Post #: 1
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/22/2003 11:55:28 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

I have no idea how installing Nero could possibly affect your sound, they shouldn't be related in any way... [?]

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 2
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/23/2003 3:44:34 AM   
judgeguns

I agree its strange. I cant seem to find the hidden nero files to erase it. windows is good at hidin stuff. i just dont want to do another reload

Thanks! :)

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 3
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/23/2003 4:01:03 AM   
MP3Mogul

What operating system do you have? What program are you using to play your media through, i.e. WMP, Winamp etc? And what does your BIOS settings say for the ACS 97 emulation? Last but not least, did you connect the drives through an audio cable to the Mobo? Or is it just through the IDE cable?

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 4
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/23/2003 4:34:18 AM   
KCK

Which versions of Windows and Nero are you running?

All recent versions of Nero uninstall cleanly via Add/Remove Programs (leaving only harmless Nero Cover Designer entries in the registry). Thus, unless you already have it, download the latest Nero 5.5.10.28 from Ahead's site (don't forget the language pack for help files). Nero installs relatively few system files, so even if you had problems with uninstalling it, we might be able to help you.

Are you sure that your sound problems started right after installing Nero? Didn't you make any other software or hardware changes around that time?

I presume you have an internal IDE burner. Had it been installed before you loaded Nero? If not, what burning program did you use before Nero, and was the sound OK then? Do you also have a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive? Is the sound card connected to your burner or another drive?

I've heard about strange cases where a sound-card mixer software was polling the burner every few seconds to check if a disc was inserted, causing system freezes.

Did you install the latest chipset drivers for your mobo and sound card? You should check both the manufacturer's website and MS Windows Update.

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 5
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/23/2003 7:52:33 AM   
judgeguns

running windows 98 se It is a new system with an AMD xp 2000 on a KM2M mother board with 128 ddr ram. 2 internal ide drives one cd rom and one cdrw.

i am trying to play battlezone 1 and battlezone 2. both games have played just fine on this system. i just bought nero burning software 5.5.10.29

Everything worked fine until I loaded nero. i went to play the game and the sound effects and speach commands from game were very distorted and even slow or laggy. game runs ok video is great just sound is lagged and distorted. the motherboard has arealtec97 soundcard built in, maybe it's not compatible? windows media player is fighting nero media player?

I deleted all nero files and it still has bad sound in cd games. It seems to me that nero is in the operating system somewhere but i cant find it. Last time i had to reformat and reload sytem software and that fixed eveeything

but i really want to use nero software

strange huh?

I was an old computer tech in the dark ages so i am not completerly inept

i understand operating systems and drivers etc

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 6
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/23/2003 7:22:52 PM   
KCK

OK, now we know more about your system, but you should also answer MP3Mogul's questions (ACS 97? audio cable?).

Nero itself (i.e., Nero Burning ROM) is unlikely to interfere with your sound card, but Nero Media Player (NMP) could be the culprit. Do you still have NMP installed? If yes, try to uninstall it via Add/Remove Programs.

You should also check the settings for your CD-ROM drive and burner in Device Manager, and Multimedia settings in Control Panel; maybe NMP changes something there.

Since I've never installed NMP (didn't look attractive enough), I don't know whether it uninstalls cleanly, but other forum members might know which files it installs under 98SE. Anyway, it won't hurt to check your IOSUBSYS directory. To this end, post its listing here as indicated in S11.1 of the InCD troubleshooting guide

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9597

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 7
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/24/2003 3:51:46 AM   
judgeguns

I looked in the Bios and could not find anything that says "acs 97" what is this and where is it in the Bios? I am running Phoenix/Award bios. I think award bought phoenix or vica versa.

Where do I look to find which program is running my medias files? in control panel under system under media it says "realtek 97"

You lost me with winmap etc. Sorry I was never trained on windows software

Hey ! Nice info on InCd diag's!

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 8
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/24/2003 3:54:15 AM   
judgeguns

I am guessing drives are connected through Ide cables, since its using motherboard built in soundcard

Watsa MOBO? [:I]

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 9
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/24/2003 5:35:25 AM   
KCK

I hope MP3Mogul will answer your BIOS querry; I don't know it.

Winamp is a program for playing audio files, similar to WMP (Windows Media Player). If you don't have it installed, just let us know.

Of course your internal IDE drives are connected to your motherboard (mobo for short) via IDE cable(s); we were wondering if you used additional audio cables to connect them to the sound card as well.

You may check for available BIOS and chipset drivers at MSI

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/detail_spec/product_detail.asp?model=KM2M_Combo-L

and for Realtek's audio drivers and software at

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloads1-3.aspx?series=8&Software=True

http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/products1-2.aspx?modelid=28

(In general, just google for "KM2M" and "realtek 97" to find a lot of links.)

In Control Panel | Multimedia, you should check whether the settings for "Realtek 97" look reasonable; I can't tell you more, since I've never used this sound card.

Going back to my earlier questions: Do you still have NMP installed? If yes, did you try to uninstall it via Add/Remove Programs? What are the contents of your IOSUBSYS directory?

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 10
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/24/2003 11:56:18 AM   
judgeguns

ok checked cd and cdrw settings in system -disconnect is checked-sync data transfer is unchecked-auti insert notification is checked- removable is shaded and unchecked cant access it-Int 13 unit is shaded and unchecked cant access it-DMA is checked same for both cd and cdrw drives

are those settings good?

will look at cables and check isobios sunday

U guys r the best !

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 11
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/24/2003 11:57:26 AM   
judgeguns

oh yeah

nero was removed using add remove software and prob still exists

[V] grrrrrrrrrrr

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 12
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/24/2003 11:58:37 AM   
judgeguns

i mean iosubsys dir [:I] will check sunday

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 13
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/24/2003 4:30:28 PM   
MP3Mogul

RealTek 97 is an ACS 97 emulation. Same thing basically. Somewhere in your BIOS setup there will be an audio section, it sounds like it has become disabled for some reason. Check it out and see what you can find, if you don't understand what something is DON"T CHANGE IT at least without backing up your current BIOS configuration first.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 14
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/24/2003 4:33:53 PM   
MP3Mogul

In as far as "NERO HIDDEN FILES" you can go into the registry if you feel comfortable, search on NERO and AHEAD SOFTWARE and delete everything to do with it, this will ensure Nero is gone forever. I don't think Nero is an issue, however it's possible that the Nero Player has somehow done something strange on your system. In the same light, if you removed it there should not be any chance of this being a problem, Nero removes pretty clean even through ADD/REMOVE programs. Between the last time you played a game prior to installing Nero, or after installing Nero, were there "any" other programs you installed or system changes that you made?

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 15
RE: Nero audio problems - 5/24/2003 10:27:59 PM   
judgeguns

ok ! i will check audio in bios. i try to access registry thru the run function but i am not gettin in to it

wat is best way to access registry?

i am not afraid of messin my system up

it is new and there are no docs on it yet. so i can do a reload if i screw up

anyway, i need software practice

(in reply to judgeguns)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero audio problems Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI