CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1055 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 10:50:16 AM   
narmmy

for me, it seems that i got the worst situation, neither detected during boot up, nor in bios. sign.............
what bootdisk did you guys use?

Edited by - narmmy on 08/28/2001 10:53:32

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 17
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 10:57:58 AM   
creztor

Nammy used Windows 98se bootdisc. My drive could not be detected at all once fried, but just by putting the jumper on the bottom to pins it was detected straight away and flashed perfectly.

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 18
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 11:22:46 AM   
wvi

suggestion for nammy )

i have windows millenium installed on mine pc an i used the winmecd to start up in real dos mode i tryed serveral times to crack the firmwares for higher speed but doesn't work so i using this trick to go back and it worked for many times so i think it also have to work with youre drive

probably youre jumper is not good conected try another jumper maybe that work.

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 19
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 11:50:39 AM   
wvi

quote:
nammy <----
one more question
did you guys' ltr12101b LED light when booting up( after the jumper trick, but before flashing)??
too many questions :)

----------------------------------------
no the LED didn't worked only after the flash and after remove the jumper.
and did you go to REAL dos mode ? coz in windows dos mode it does NOT work then you get atapi soft reset failed error

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 20
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 12:09:34 PM   
narmmy

I used winme bootdisk, but my os is win2k advance server,so do i suppose to use win2k advance server boot disks?
thanks for replying,guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - narmmy on 08/28/2001 12:16:14

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 21
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 12:51:36 PM   
wvi

quote:

I used winme bootdisk, but my os is win2k advance server,so do i suppose to use win2k advance server boot disks?
thanks for replying,guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - narmmy on 08/28/2001 12:16:14

-------------------------------------------------------------------
firts try win2k advance server boot disks. if doesn't work then
try it on another computer with win98 or windows Millenium
if you don't have another computer then you have to
format youre hardrive and install win98 or windows Millenium and try again

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 22
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 12:57:12 PM   
creztor

Im running W2k and used the Win98se bootup disc.

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 23
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 6:45:54 PM   
narmmy

wvi, good suggestion , and i will try
creztor, do u have dual boot on your machine? win98se and win2k?

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 24
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 7:55:27 PM   
narmmy

i have tried using 2 very good quality jumpers from my ibm hard drive, one for the master pin(ltr12101b), one for the lower 2 pin next to the power connector, and i put my ltr12101b on primary master without any other ide device connected,and it still doesn't work!!!!
i don't think reinstalling os will work, coz i didn't even connet the harddrive when i boot the pc using a floppy disk
anyway thanks for you guys' help, i might really have to return them to my dealer

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 25
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 10:24:33 PM   
Tonnes

Wvi,

I followed this thread for the last few days and was glad to see you managed to get your drive working again and share your expertise with others. However, I'm afraid your trick is not new. It seems using the original DOS based LS17 firmware for the LiteOn (which is not the same as the Traxdata version) can manage it, even without changing the jumper.. The LS17 apparently is helpful for upgrading an 8 speed to a 12 speed, downgrading versions higher than 22/38 or restoring a dead burner. Can't find the url to prove this, however. :(

It looks as if the jumper setting is only needed for making the drive 'swallow' all other firmware, as Dvdwriters said. Besides, in your first posting you spoke about the need to do so to prevent getting the atapi soft reset error message but it is obvious now that this is a matter of booting into dos and thus being OS related.. Nevertheless, you found out what the jumper is intended for. :)

I do have the writer myself but did not f*** it up :) using LS3G23 so have no experience restoring it. Of course, I am very curious if any 'victim' is willing to give it a try using the original LS17 which can be found at http://www.cdrinfo.com/tips/liteon_oc.shtml and tell us if this works, before using your trick..

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 26
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/29/2001 4:04:33 AM   
creztor

Well when my 12/10/32 was dead, i tried to flash it using the pwflash.exe in DOS with the LS38.BIN but problem is it couldnt flash because it couldnt detect/find the burner. But with the jumper set into the position as VWI detailed, pwflash worked fine under DOS and drive was detected. True i didnt flash with the LS17.bin or watever it may be called but that shouldnt matter as pwflash couldnt even find the drive in the first place to flash.

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 27
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/29/2001 7:21:21 AM   
wvi

a am sorry to say but-->Tonnes<--you are wrong !!!

mine drive was screwed for a week or so and i tryed many times to flash it with pflash program in real dos mode it did not work !
only after i put the jumper on it it worked !
scew youre drive and try it yourself ! and see that i am right !

------------------------------------------

and Nammy ,

damn that it doesn't work with youre drive you can try the jumper on the opposite way maybe that work i hope you understand what i mean the jumper only then not on the lower pin but then on the above pin
try that and what is youre manufacture date of youre burner ?
and if i was you i do a reinstal win98 or millenium or try on another pc if it also doesn't work then damn but if it does... its worth trying it isn't it ?

good luck !

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 28
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/29/2001 7:29:14 AM   
wvi

and again message for Tonnes

i tryed it sooooo many many times with
http://www.cdrinfo.com/tips/liteon_oc.shtml
with pflash ls17.bin /pm /all /np
without putting the jumper it didn't work
after i put the jumper on it it worked like a charm
first try it yourself and then speak !

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 29
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/29/2001 8:39:24 AM   
narmmy

hi,wvi
my drive was manufactured in jan 2001,and i bought it in china.i will try to flash it on my friends computer(winme), if it still doesn't work, will try the opposite jumper setting, thanks for so much help and suggestion!

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 30
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/29/2001 9:01:23 AM   
wvi

i have two Liteon drives (one is a rebadged traxdata)

the traxdata Liteon was made in china and manufacture date is feb2001
the other one is made in taiwan (it was an8x4x32) manufacture date is septemer 2000

the trick worked on both drives.
weird that it doesn't work with your drive wel i hope it work with windows millenium

good luck !

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 31
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/29/2001 9:16:23 AM   
narmmy

ok, thanks, i will try, if everything doesn't work then the only way is to wait until i got someone to bring it back to china

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI