CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 740 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/27/2001 3:04:30 PM   
wvi

yahooooooooooo today its mine lucky day !!!!!!! i found out how to reflash a dead Liteon i downloaded Traxdata firmware LSRA and i extracted the files and i saw an bitmap file and i opend it and it showed some interesting stuff you see this when you open the bitmap

----------------------------------------
(PIN IDE) (power) .. <---hmm strange connectors...
------------------------------------------
heheh you all woundering whats that for ? well i KNOW !!!
you have to put an jumper on it like this:
----------------------------------------
(PIN IDE) (power) .. <---hmm strange connectors...
-- <---here you have to put a jumper !
------------------------------------------
i hope its clear enough with jumper part.
then you have to connect youre drive and then you have to download LS17.bin from cdrinfo.com / hardware oc
go to the dos prompt to the directory you extracted the files and typ:
pflash ls17.bin /pm /all /np

and then kiss youre screen and be happy youre Liteon drive came back from dead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if you don't put the jumper at the way i described then you get an error message:

try to reset the drive with atapi soft reset
atapy soft reset failed.
so put the jumper on the way i descibed !
if you have any question then ask !

i am verrry hapy now with mine re back from dead Liteon LTR-12101B !!!

greeeetzzzz

wvi

Post #: 1
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/27/2001 3:08:29 PM   
wvi

how can i put an bitmap file here then you can see it more clearly ? anyone knows how to upload a bitmap file here ?

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 2
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/27/2001 3:19:07 PM   
wvi

power ::
power ..
-- <----jumper

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 3
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/27/2001 3:20:13 PM   
wvi

damn well then i wait some one can tell me how to put an bitmap file

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 4
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/27/2001 7:18:51 PM   
wvi

so Nammy you can fix youre drive also !!!!!!
i hope you haven't send youre drive already to Liteon because it can be fixed verrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyy easyyy !!!!

dowload this :
http://www.traxdata.fr/support/firmware/121032fw.zip

extract the files and open jumper.jpeg and then you see how to put the jumper then download this:

http://members.surfeu.fi/lasse1/LS17.zip extract the files and start
pflash ls17.bin /pm /all /np

and be happpyy !

greetzzzz,

happy wvi !

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 5
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 1:33:32 AM   
creztor

This works fine, just brought my dead 12/10/32 back and its burning away fine, i will have ur children

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 6
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 1:54:15 AM   
creztor

Just tried flashing my 12x to 16x using the DOS update program for the 16x firmware, fried my drive, but brought it back again, lovely stuff, works perfectly, yes im as happy as a pig in..... :)

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 7
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 2:41:46 AM   
cityline99

oh, wvi, you are great

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 8
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 2:58:32 AM   
cityline99

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 9
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 8:19:37 AM   
wvi

no before flashing the drive its not detected mine drive was Primary Master so i don';t know if it works Secondery Master

1e put an jumper look here:

http://hk.geocities.com/gentlesguy/jumper.txt

(thanks for
helping me cityline99!)

2e put youre drive on Primary master
3e go to pure dos mode
4e go to the directory with these files an typ: pflash ls17.bin /pm /all /np

5e remove the jumper ( don't forget to remove the jumper after the flash and then connect youre drive again and happy burning !

greetzzz,

wvi

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 10
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 8:31:43 AM   
wvi

i think i also work if youre drive is Secondary Master but am not 100% sure just try it but then you have to typ :

pflash ls17.bin /sm /all /np

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 11
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 8:40:46 AM   
wvi

and am glad to hear so many people fixed their drives using mine trick hehehe

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 12
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 9:29:56 AM   
narmmy

hi,everybody with a recovered cdrw
glad to hear that you guys can recover your drive
i have a question, can your pc detect your ltr12101b during boot up(after the jumper trick, but before flashing it)? and do i have to put the ltr12101b on the primary master ide channel or i need to change the bios setup??
thanks a lot
ps. could anyone explain what happened when you get your ltr12101b dead? I mean did the flash finish or the pc just hung up?
any comment will be appreciate!!!
I followed all the steps exactly as Mr wvi, and couldn't recover my drive,still getting the atapi soft reset error!poor me

Edited by - narmmy on 08/28/2001 09:37:52

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 13
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 10:34:30 AM   
dvdwriters

Well done WVI m8

This is good because it blindly will accept any firmware with this
hack... we have good potential for hacked firmwares and seeing if it will Overclock :)

www.dvdwriters.co.uk

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 14
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 10:34:49 AM   
creztor

When my drive was fried it would not detect during POST and actually would hang the whole system. If i was lucky enuff to get to DOS, no ASPI cdrom driver could be loaded and no cdrom was detected at all. Neither bios detected the fried CDR/W and put simply i could not flash it as it couldnt be detected. When i put the jumper on the pins as WVI info said, the drive was detected in BIOS as CDROM PIO4 with the info of LTR BOOT CDROM or something like that, BOOT something anyway. Drive was detected fine under DOS. My burner was on Primary Master and flashed perfectly

pwflash /pm ...... watever the rest of the settings were

After that, just removed the jumper and drive was detected as a LTR1210B or watever it is, worked fine. Hope that helps.

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 15
RE: verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! - 8/28/2001 10:40:27 AM   
narmmy

one more question
did you guys' ltr12101b LED light when booting up( after the jumper trick, but before flashing)??
too many questions :)

(in reply to wvi)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> verrrry good news !!! make a dead flashed Liteon!! Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI