CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Pop-Up Company Tries A New Path !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1383 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Pop-Up Company Tries A New Path ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pop-Up Company Tries A New Path ! - 2/21/2005 10:06:10 AM   
SiliconFreak

The Claria Corporation, a company that has in recent years collected enemies among Internet users and publishers, is ready to play nice.

The company, formerly known as the Gator Corporation, built a business covering consumer desktops and publisher Web sites with pop-up ads. But last week Claria announced a new advertising service that rejects pop-ups and seeks to make business partners of publishers.

The service, called BehaviorLink, will operate much like Claria's existing approach in that it will track the surfing patterns of some 40 million Internet users who downloaded free music-sharing software from Kazaa or other free programs like weather-tracking software from Claria.

But under the new program, Claria will use this information to buy ads on publisher sites, rather than use pop-ups. Claria says it believes this is a winning situation for everyone: publishers get paid for advertising inventory; Claria gets paid by marketers who want to reach consumers; and users see fewer pop-ups.

According to Scott Eagle, Claria's senior vice president of marketing, the company has already signed up nearly 100 advertisers for the service, and he said it plans to buy $75 million worth of advertising space on publisher sites over the next year for its BehaviorLink program. Those ads will begin running this spring, Mr. Eagle said.
Full story...

Source : NYTimes
Post #: 1
RE: Pop-Up Company Tries A New Path ! - 2/21/2005 6:05:12 PM   
semo

death to them.
i ain even gonna read the article
the've made a bad name for themselves.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Pop-Up Company Tries A New Path ! - 2/21/2005 6:56:43 PM   
SiliconFreak

(in reply to semo)
Post #: 3
RE: Pop-Up Company Tries A New Path ! - 2/22/2005 4:09:54 AM   
Cooler

Collecting 100 ads ought to give users a free license to shoot the darn spammer...

Quae dant, quaque negant, gaudent tamen esse rogatae.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Pop-Up Company Tries A New Path ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI