CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

X300 Hyper Memory To Arrive On 3rd Of March !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 648 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> X300 Hyper Memory To Arrive On 3rd Of March ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
X300 Hyper Memory To Arrive On 3rd Of March ! - 2/17/2005 6:37:35 PM   
SiliconFreak

ATI has finaly made up its mind about X300 Hyper memory card introduction. It's settled for 3rd of March just a week before CeBIT, sources said.

The Canadian based company will introduce two versions based on RV370 SE chips. The cards will differ in the quantity of memory they have. The first card will be called the Radeon X300 SE 128 MB Hypermemory while the second one the Radeon X300 SE 256 MB Hypermemory. That is how you are going to recognise them in machines or retail boxes. Still there is a bit of a catch. Just like in the case of Geforce 6200TC, these cards have way less memory than people might expect.

The Radeon X300 SE 128MB Hypermemory will feature only 32MB of real local frame buffer memory. It will use two pieces of 4Mx32 BGA, Ball Grid Array packaging method. The card is clocked at 325MHz core and 300MHz memory and will end up using a 64 bit memory interface. It's clocked at exactly the same speed as the current Radeon X300 SE with real 128MB of RAM. The rest of the memory will be addressed from the system memory and your card will work like it has 128MB of RAM even though it has only 32 MB.

The second card, the Radeon X300SE 256 MB Hypermemory will feature a respectable 128MB of real onboard memory packed in four 16Mx16 TSOP chips. TSOP stands for Thin Small Outline Package. Cards based on the RV370SE chip are clocked at the same 325MHz core and 300MHz memory speeds. This card is exactly the same as the shipping Radeon X300 SE with the exception that this Hypermemory fellow can address an additional 128MB of memory and take advantage of the frame buffer to 256MB.

And of course ATI will claim it will be faster than Geforce 6200 TC but that’s something that will need to be tested. Both marchitectures are very similar. We know for sure that these cards will end up very cheap, but don’t expect high frame rates in cool games from them, even though you will be able to play some games on them on more modest resolutions and settings.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> X300 Hyper Memory To Arrive On 3rd Of March ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI