CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Wi-Fi Hotspot Security Tips !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1357 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Wi-Fi Hotspot Security Tips ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wi-Fi Hotspot Security Tips ! - 2/17/2005 6:10:41 PM   
SiliconFreak

Summary:
Wi-Fi Hotspots are great but don't get so relaxed that you ignore security and give all your confidential information to some unscrupulous hacker. The next time you're at a Hotspot, use these security tips to keep yourself safe.

The Simple & Not So Simple Stuff Of Hot Spot Security

You've set up your Boingo account, you're hanging out at the Home Turf sports bar in LAX and you figure you'll do a little business or check your e-mail while sipping a Chardonnay. Well, that's the point of Wi-Fi hotspots; being able to take care of a few things while in a relaxing atmosphere.

Don't, however, get so relaxed that you ignore security and give all your confidential information to some unscrupulous hacker. Yeah, you see the guy. He's over in the corner wearing that fake nose and glasses with the ridiculous Bozo the Clown cap. Yep, drinking a Blatz. Dead give away.

Sorry, they won't be that obvious, I doubt they ever drink Blatz and very seldom wear clown caps. When you're thinking back, trying to remember who was around when your password was stolen, you probably won't remember the woman in the tastefully tailored business suit, and if, by chance, you do, she won't be the one you suspect. The best defense is to implement some simple security practices and measures that will safeguard your business and personal information.
Full story...

Source : TheTechZone

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Wi-Fi Hotspot Security Tips ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI