CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

OT? Need decent printer for CD case inserts   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1378 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> OT? Need decent printer for CD case inserts Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT? Need decent printer for CD case inserts - 5/14/2003 3:49:47 PM   
Arranger

Wasn't sure where to post this..........

Can anyone suggest a printer they've use for printing their CD jewel box inserts? I'd like to stay below $300.

I'm thinking of the HP Photosmart 7350. I don't know if a standard photo style printer is the way to go.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: OT? Need decent printer for CD case inserts - 5/14/2003 6:41:54 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Back when I was working for a recordable media retail store, we used to use a trusty Lexxmark Z45 for all of our labels and jewel case inserts. It cost us roughly $50 canadian, and our customers were ALWAYS happy with the results. The best part was, when we ran out of ink, we bought a new printer since it was cheaper then refills we then held a raffle for the old printer

Honestly, I don't think I would EVER buy an HP again after the trouble I've had with them in the past. Lexxmark is cheap, quality, somewhat disposable (in a sense), and they line up REALLY easily to with CD Stomper Pro software. Also their tech support is VERY friendly, and puts Epson to shame.

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to Arranger)
Post #: 2
RE: OT? Need decent printer for CD case inserts - 5/15/2003 1:03:44 AM   
rabbit

just check the web for printer reviews. a regular inkjet will do the job. be sure to get high quality glossy paper though. this is key. if you buy them in the big bulk packages (like 100 sheets or so at costco), it isn't that expensive (relatively speaking).

i still use my epson 800 colour from 1997. don't know about epson tech support since i never had to use it :-).

(in reply to Arranger)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> OT? Need decent printer for CD case inserts Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI