CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Problems with copy CD in Windows XP   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 885 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Problems with copy CD in Windows XP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with copy CD in Windows XP - 5/13/2003 12:28:29 PM   
xgb

Hi everybody !

The last week I installed the SO.Windows XP Professional, and I don't know what happend now, so I have a lot of problems with my CD-R/RW that is a Philips PCA460RW.
For example, using NERO or EasyCD Creator, is impossible save Audio CD from mp3 files, because the software only save a small quantity of data (8-10 %), and then the copy process sttoped and not continous,damaging the CD. In other cases, compiling a data CD for copy, the system copy all the CD, but in the last time, necer finalize the CD, and I must to reboot the system.
Before install XP System I haven't this problems (I had installed Windows 2000 Proffesional), Why I have this problems with XP System ?
Please help me, I cannot to see which is the problem by my self.

Thanks to everybody and have fun !
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with copy CD in Windows XP - 5/18/2003 1:00:04 AM   
cheezywheats

I am having the same exact problem on Windows XP Pro. Did you ever figure out the problem?

(in reply to xgb)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems with copy CD in Windows XP - 5/19/2003 12:55:34 PM   
netman

try going into services and disabling the imapi cdrom burning service. you need to do this anyway.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

(in reply to xgb)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems with copy CD in Windows XP - 5/19/2003 1:22:35 PM   
MP3Mogul

As Netman said, DEFINATELY disable the built in burning software in XP, and then install ASPI NO HIGHER than version 4.60, this will fix your problems.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to xgb)
Post #: 4
RE: Problems with copy CD in Windows XP - 5/19/2003 8:59:47 PM   
cheezywheats

hmm...

I put the XP cd burning process in Disabled state and rebooted. Then tried again and no luck.

Then I burned an image on my hard drive first, thinking it might be a recorder problem, and that worked. So the converter part is fine. Then I went to burn the image to the disk and it failed like before. Same symptoms.

Another thing I noticed... for a 74 minute disk it makes an image sized at 750MB, yet my 74 minute CD is only 650MB. Is that a symptom of another problem?

(in reply to xgb)
Post #: 5
RE: Problems with copy CD in Windows XP - 5/19/2003 11:14:32 PM   
cheezywheats

new info. It may somehow be related to my CDRW drive. It's a couple years old: Plextor 8x4x32. I replaced it with a Yamaha 24x burner and it worked ok. I thought then that it may be related to the speed setting. So I put the speed setting down to 4x for my Plextor drive... no luck.

It's strange to me though that this drive could be fine for data files but somehow incompatible with audio files.

(in reply to xgb)
Post #: 6
RE: Problems with copy CD in Windows XP - 5/20/2003 2:50:30 AM   
MP3Mogul

I note from above you also state you had EZ CD Creamator and Nero installed together, this is a No No, and could cause you problems.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to xgb)
Post #: 7
RE: Problems with copy CD in Windows XP - 5/20/2003 6:06:36 AM   
Tron

Now now.... That is a myth. EZCD and Nero work together fine now as long as you have the newer versions installed. I have both installed and use both myself. I will admit that it used to be a rule that you NEVER had both installed, but they have resolved that issue in the newer versions.....[:p]

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to xgb)
Post #: 8
RE: Problems with copy CD in Windows XP - 5/20/2003 1:43:32 PM   
MP3Mogul

[}:)]

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to xgb)
Post #: 9
RE: Problems with copy CD in Windows XP - 5/21/2003 1:24:20 AM   
netman

the main problem with having ezcd cremator and nero both installed is the packet writing software. the newer versions seem to default to installing direct cd and incd and these will conflict. not only that but the imapi service in xp contributes to this problem.

besides, it is much better to not use any packet writing software. it's just that you have to do a custom install and choose not to install these features.

i've now dumped ezcd cremator since i've discovered how to do multisession with burnatonce. (now tron, don't faint ) it's not quite as easy but it does work quite well with sessions created by several different software packages.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

(in reply to xgb)
Post #: 10
RE: Problems with copy CD in Windows XP - 5/21/2003 2:22:38 AM   
MP3Mogul

Netman,

I agree 100 percent, and I do the same. I do not use packet writing, it is too "open" to chance and error, and I do not trust it. With the cost of a blank CDR, I cannot see why anyone would want to trust backup data to CDRW. I only use CDRW's to write audio cd's I take to work and back and rewrite.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to xgb)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Problems with copy CD in Windows XP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI