CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

INCD   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1080 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> INCD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
INCD - 5/9/2003 3:27:59 AM   
domain01

I have loaded INCD on my PC and also at work but it seems it loses the fact that it is a large floppy. It is not very reliable. I am only doing a test between the 2 machines. It works sometimes and then other times it acts as if its a CD which needs to be formatted. I would like to get some consistensy here. Would it be worth trying another software package other than Nero? Or do you have any suggestions as how I might get this to work like it is suppose to. Thank you very much for your time!!

Post #: 1
RE: INCD - 5/9/2003 6:55:44 AM   
KCK

First of all, you should try to find good CD-RW media that work well with both burners (at home and at work). You may also take a look at the InCD troubleshooting guides:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9572 (XP)

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9997 (W2K)

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9597 (98x)

(in reply to domain01)
Post #: 2
RE: INCD - 5/12/2003 2:33:23 PM   
domain01

Question. The difference in the 2 machines is one is Running WinXPPro and the other Win2KPro...Is INCD the best option to use.....???
Thanks...

JD

(in reply to domain01)
Post #: 3
RE: INCD - 5/12/2003 5:34:51 PM   
KCK

It shouldn't matter that one machine is on XP Pro and the other on W2K Pro (I'm using 98SE and XP Pro at home without problems).

If you wanted to use InCD for transferring files, you would have to address at least two issues.

First, you would need to find good CD-RW media that work well with both burners (at home and at work). Without knowing your burners, it's impossible to recommend any brands here.

Second, for each machine, you might need to check for conflicts with drivers installed by other burning programs or applications such as Windows Media Player. As indicated in the InCD troubleshooting guides, this may be quite difficult and time-consuming for some users.

If you don't want to get involved in InCD troubleshooting, you may use Nero for creating simple (or multisession) data discs on CD-R or CD-RW media.

(in reply to domain01)
Post #: 4
RE: INCD - 6/5/2003 3:36:13 PM   
HonestAgent

Fellow Sufferers,

Perhaps you can help me?

Running InCD 4.0.1.0 on XP with SP1 on machine with AMD XP 1700 processor,VIA KT-266 chipset, NEC NR-7700A CD-RW.

I've disabled XP "Desktop CD Recording" from the Properties menu for the CD in the drive.

I formatted the disk Memorex CD-RW 700MB 4x with InCD.

I wrote to it yesterday and filled it about 25%.

Today, on boot, the properties for the CD says it's 100% full (and it's not),and when I tried to delete a file, I got the message that the file was read only.

So...I manually tweaked the property of the file & tried to delete it and got a failure.

Finally, the InCD tray icon has flakey behavior. When I first put the CD into the drive, I get the blank icon; briefly it turns green with the check (indicating ok to write to it), then autoplay starts (though I disabled it from the properties) and once that happens the green check light goes out and InCD is blank.

I know you guys are busy, busy, but if you can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

CDGuy

(in reply to domain01)
Post #: 5
RE: INCD - 6/5/2003 9:53:20 PM   
KCK

You may be yet another victim of Memorex media; see the links in

http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10202

Thus you should try better media (e.g., Verbatim).

Is this the first time you are trying to use InCD on your box? Did you try InCD 3.x before installing InCD 4.0.1.0?

In general, InCD 4.0.1.0 apparently has some bugs, so I would recommend uninstalling it via Add/Remove Programs, and then installing InCD 3.52.40 from Ahead's ftp sites (look for InCD3524.exe at ftp.nero.com, ftp2.nero.com, etc.).

(in reply to domain01)
Post #: 6
RE: INCD - 6/5/2003 10:20:39 PM   
HonestAgent

Hmmmmm. I had one of the 3.x versions of InCD on the machine earlier, and they worked okay even with Memorex in this drive. I think my first try will be to uninstall InCD 4 and go back to 3. I'll let you know, and thanks.

CDGuy

(in reply to domain01)
Post #: 7
RE: INCD - 6/6/2003 2:28:44 PM   
HonestAgent

Mission accomplished! I took InCD 4 off my machine; tried to put 3.5.x on; the install failed so I did an update. First use I got blue screen and a mutex error. So I pulled 3.5 off and got 3.3.1.

3.3.1 works fine with my configuration and Memorex media, so far.

Thanks for your help!

CDGuy

(in reply to domain01)
Post #: 8
RE: INCD - 6/7/2003 12:38:01 AM   
KCK

You are welcome!

(in reply to domain01)
Post #: 9
RE: INCD - 7/18/2003 7:45:55 PM   
dburg

Our QA is unable to reproduce any problem with Memorex media using InCD 4 update to come end of this month. This issue should be fixed now.

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299

email: dburg@nero.com
http://www.nero.com

(in reply to domain01)
Post #: 10
RE: INCD - 7/18/2003 10:20:50 PM   
MP3Mogul

David,

Your software is great.... but the memorex CDRW media (ultra speed) needs ALOT of work.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to domain01)
Post #: 11
RE: INCD - 7/18/2003 11:32:46 PM   
ScottAllen11

quote:
Originally posted by dburg

Our QA is unable to reproduce any problem with Memorex media using InCD 4 update to come end of this month. This issue should be fixed now.

Anyone have thoughts about the quality of Imation's Ultra Speed CD-RW media?

Are Memorex's CD-R's poor quality too, or is it mainly the CD-RW's? I have a 50-pack of their 48x CD-R's in front of me and haven't had any problems yet (they are apparently better than my old stack of K-Hypermedia 8x CD-R's at least... couldn't play those in my wife's car for some odd reason).

- Scott

(in reply to domain01)
Post #: 12
RE: INCD - 7/21/2003 7:49:30 PM   
dburg

Thank you MP3Mogul.

Scott, here we are mainly using Philips and Verbatim USRW 16-24x and till now we did not get any compatibility issue. But in fact, except of the Memorex problem reported by end-users here, we had so far no compatibility issue with USRW media of any brand.

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299

email: dburg@nero.com
http://www.nero.com

(in reply to domain01)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> INCD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI