CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NeroVision Express vob creation bug?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1324 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: NeroVision Express vob creation bug? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NeroVision Express vob creation bug? - 3/29/2005 9:18:24 PM   
waltersbg

quote:

ORIGINAL: CCampbell
Our engineers have looked into this, and we find that our softwar is properly implementing the December 2000 DVD-Video Specifications: Part 3, that define this aspect. I can not go into any details becuase of an NDA we have...

Craig:

Thank you very much for getting the answer on this. Of course my curiousity is killing me, since all the publicly-available versions of the spec show this field as being "reserved" and having a "0" in it, but I do understand the nature of an NDA and your inability to tell me more. There is some chance that somebody in the huge company I work for has a copy of the DVD-video spec, so I may still go look it up to understand why this bit is getting set to "1" by your software. It is certainly mysterious to me.

I guess it goes without saying that there are no switches I can throw in NVE to make this bit go to a "0"?

Mike

(in reply to CCampbell)
Post #: 17
RE: NeroVision Express vob creation bug? - 3/30/2005 5:55:08 PM   
CCampbell

Hi Mike,

Sorry, you are correct in thinking there is not option or switches enabled to change this bit to '0'.

Regards

Craig

(in reply to waltersbg)
Post #: 18
RE: NeroVision Express vob creation bug? - 4/11/2005 4:04:50 PM   
nelgin

This is interesting...I have exactly the same issue.

My AD-1100W has been patched with the region free firmware since I have DVDs from when I lived in England that I would like to watch in the US.

I purchased an ASUS 1608P DVD burner which came with NVE2. I upgraded the firmware on the DVD burner to 1.50 after the initial attempt to get NVE working failed.

The only media that I have tried so far is Memorex DVD+RW Single Sided. The latest project I tried was burned at 2x (I made sure of that!).

The first attempt was to create a menu with two AVI files, one in PAL and other in NTSC. The PAL was converted to NTSC and then burned. The resulting disc just showed up blank on the AD-1100W.

The second attempt was just to burn the NTSC file with a single menu and see what happened them. This time the video played for about half a second and froze. Very similar to the OPs problem.

The reason why I chose this particular burner and version of Nero that came with it is that it'll automatically transcode PAL to NTSC (or vice versa).

I don't think I have a different type of media to try so I'm pretty stuck on this one for now.

If someone from Nero would be interested in my trying anything, let me know. (I think I saw someone with some relationship to the company post).

Regards
Nigel

(in reply to waltersbg)
Post #: 19
RE: NeroVision Express vob creation bug? - 4/12/2005 2:33:56 PM   
nelgin

Right then,

I can confirm that altering the Navigation Pack setting in all the VOB files will get this working on a AD-1100W player.

I took two small AVI files and put them on a disc with the default NVE2 menu.

I tried changing the bit in VIDEO_TS.VOB only. This gave me the menu and nothing else.

Turned it on in VTS_01_1.VOB VTS_02_1.VOB and got about 1/2 a second of video. I found the 2nd Navigation Pack entry and changed that.

Now the two files play.

A very quick, easy and simple fix for NVE2 would be to put in a configuration switch for "Broken DVD Players".

The big reason I'm using Nero is that...well, it came bundled with my DVD burner and also because it'll transcode for me. Being from England, I get many avi files sent to me in PAL format, and I can convert them to NTSC on the fly without having to do anything else...of course this VOB issue is going to throw a spanner in the works.

Regards
Nigel

(in reply to nelgin)
Post #: 20
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: NeroVision Express vob creation bug? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI