CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Xbox 2 becomes Xbox 360 ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1393 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Xbox 2 becomes Xbox 360 ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Xbox 2 becomes Xbox 360 ? - 2/7/2005 11:03:53 AM   
T3TRISizer

Internet rumours reckon Microsoft has gone full circle in its quest for a name for the next-gen Xbox

Xbox 2? Xbox Next? Xbox Xenon? We've all got our favourite codename for Microsoft's next-gen version of the Xbox, but no-one knows for sure what the final version will actually be called.

Now a new contender has chucked its hat into the ring. According to internet rumours, Xbox 360 is the new hot favourite moniker for Bill Gates' big box of dreams.

Tech website Engadget is reporting that it has received insider info from a source privy to Xbox 2 (or whatever...) packaging, logos and documentation that points to Microsoft having settled on the rather elongated Xbox 360 tag.

It seems that Microsoft has been a little concerned that calling the machine Xbox 2 would make it sound a generation behind PS3 - and positively lightyears behind the Nintendo N5, an early codename for what has now become the Nintendo Revolution.

Engadget even points to evidence that a marketing study last year asked consumers whether they thought Xbox 360, PS3 or Nintendo N5 sounded more cutting-edge.

Further speculation points to the notion that the 360 tag suggests a full circle of home electronic entertainment, which would certainly fit in with Mr Gates' plans TO OWN YOUR SOUL... sorry, we mean offer you all the domestic fun you could ever want in your living room.

Of course, Microsoft itself is keeping its lips shut tighter than a camel's bumhole in a sandstorm. "Microsoft does not comment on internet rumours and speculation," came the predictable reply when we enquired as to the validity of Xbox 360. "It's all good fun, though..." continued the spokesperson, which we wholeheartedly agree with.

From our end, Xbox 360 is a new one to us. In fact, we've heard whispers recently that Xenon, one of the earliest codenames mooted for the next Xbox, was regaining popularity as the final choice.

Source : CVG
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Xbox 2 becomes Xbox 360 ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI