CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 415 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/21/2003 3:24:55 AM   
Michael Lee

If you have a 48X burner with C.FZ firmware, you can flash it into 52X using FFZ.EXE. The overclocked 52X works very well, not to mention that now it is also Mt. Rainier compatible. The original 48X firmware is not Mt. Rainier compatible.

The fastest computer is not necessary a good running computer.

(in reply to Michael Lee)
Post #: 65
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/21/2003 5:58:19 AM   
Michael Lee

My overclocked 5224W works better than my newly acquired KHCRW522452 (a rebadged Benq 5224P). The KHCRW5224452 comes with K.JC firmware. I flashed it into a 5224P with KSC.EXE. However, it is not Mt. Rainier compatible. This one is made in China rather than Malaysia and has Mediatek chipset. The front bezel looks the same except it is labeled 52x24x52. Somewhat disappointing! But what the heck! I only paid $20 for it and a 40 Gb Western Digital hard drive. averaging $10 per item.

Post #: 66
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/30/2003 4:45:06 AM   
tdesimone

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Lee

If you have a 48X burner with C.FZ firmware, you can flash it into 52X using FFZ.EXE. The overclocked 52X works very well, not to mention that now it is also Mt. Rainier compatible. The original 48X firmware is not Mt. Rainier compatible.

So, does the Mt. Rainier upgrade work?

Thanks

KHCRW482448
Original Firmware: C.FZ

Post #: 67
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/30/2003 5:11:17 AM   
itmytbme

Anyone else have any trouble getting rebates for their supposedly free drives. I went to the rebate status page and it shows one rebate to be valid and then it appears that they are trying to pull a fast one on the 45 dollar rebate by saying that my upc code is incorrect. I makes it look like I am tring to geet a 20 dollar rebate for a memmory puchace and not this drive. Just curious if anyone else is having similair results.[B)]

Post #: 68
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/30/2003 5:32:27 AM   
tdesimone

quote:
Originally posted by itmytbme

Anyone else have any trouble getting rebates for their supposedly free drives. I went to the rebate status page and it shows one rebate to be valid and then it appears that they are trying to pull a fast one on the 45 dollar rebate by saying that my upc code is incorrect. I makes it look like I am tring to geet a 20 dollar rebate for a memmory puchace and not this drive. Just curious if anyone else is having similair results.[B)]

My rebates seem to be OK on the website, I doubt I will recieve them for a while yet.

KHCRW482448
Original Firmware: C.FZ

Post #: 69
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 6/1/2003 11:13:03 AM   
Michael Lee

Mt. Rainier works on this overclockered 5224W. In fact, I can use the same disk and be able to read and rewrite on this drive as well as well my Liteon 48125W.

Post #: 70
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 6/1/2003 8:27:42 PM   
Trikat

What is the advantages of Mtrainer. I heard it really is not that important.

Post #: 71
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 6/2/2003 1:59:14 AM   
Michael Lee

One of the biggest complaints is that when you use packet writing software such as Incd is the inability for the other drives to read it. For instance, you use Incd to drag and drop a file from one computer conatining a Liteon CD writer and you try to read it on another computer whiach has a BTC CD writer. You may not be able to read the contents on the disk which was made on the Liteon using Incd, the same version of Incd that is running on the other computer. Mt. Rainier is a new stand for packet writing that standarizes the writing method so the disk can be read on other computers provided that its cd writer is Mt. Rainier compatible.

Post #: 72
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 6/2/2003 8:27:30 PM   
sp

The biggest advantage to be offered by 100% Mt Rainier compatible drives will be their ability to offer defect management and thus increased durability of the recorded discs.

WM # CI

Post #: 73
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 6/3/2003 12:01:49 AM   
Trikat

Hey if you guys wanted some really top of the line CD-r, they are Fuji cd-rs, 100pk for $10 after rebate though. These are not free after rebates so some of you guys won't hit on this deal, but if you want some of the best cd-rs get these. I heard that these CDs are TY (I forgot what it stands for but bascially these cds are top quality. also with cyanine?)
Some people say they have a little trouble with the rebates though and some say they got their rebates on time.

Post #: 74
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 6/4/2003 1:55:17 AM   
Trikat

I assume these are the rebates.
$45.00 Rebate Check.
OfficeMax May Rebates!! (See Qualifying Products and Rewards in Details Below)

$25 Rebate on Khypermedia Brand CDRW Drive 48X-24X-48X (( THREE DAY OFFER ONLY!!))

Post #: 75
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 6/5/2003 7:16:59 PM   
katais

I also recently picked up a KHypermedia 48x24x48 CD-RW drive from Office Max, I am not able to make it burn CD-RWs. The InCD software can not complete formatting the drive, and the Nero Express hangs up my system (Win 98 SE) after trying to scan for drives. Could it be cos my computer has a slow processor (AMD K300 MHZ)? Any suggestios would be appreciated!!

KJN

KJN

Post #: 76
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 6/5/2003 8:00:00 PM   
MP3Mogul

You're not going to be burning at 48X on a 300 MHZ system.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 77
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 6/9/2003 8:28:21 AM   
Michael Lee

Katais,
Your system may not meet the minimum requirement for the cd burner to work correctly. If you don't have a Pentium II 350 MHz or faster cpu on your computer, the burner may not work. AMD 300 MHz CPU is a K6 and in many ways incompatible with modern high speed burners. I think you are due for a computer upgrade,

Post #: 78
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 6/9/2003 4:10:18 PM   
itmytbme

It should work fine on your system. Just not at top speed. The seamless link capabilities should take care of things even if you try to burn it at top speed. Maybe you need to defrag your drives. I would also try to upgrade to a better burning software. You might try alcohol 120% Or roxio. Or the full version of Nero. I run my burner on a AMD k6 450 and i works fine. You should try burning on the slowest speeds or choose optimal speed and it should automatically choose the best speed for your system. Also run spybot search and destroy to make shure that no funny programs are running in the background on your system. Then do a full system scan witha reputable virus scanning software.

Mark

Post #: 79
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 6/12/2003 7:17:16 PM   
katais

Thank you all for your advice! This forum has been very helpful. I am now able to use my CD-RW with both InCD and Nero Express!!! I tried 2 things.

1)Doubled my memory to 192 MB and cleaned my system with Spybot.
2)In Device Manager, under CD-RW Properties/Settings/Options, I checked Sync data transfer, and unchecked both DMA and Auto Insert notification.

These two actions resolved my problem right away!
And I Still have the AMD K6 300 MHZ processor and it is working okay! Thanks again for the suggestions.

quote:
Originally posted by itmytbme

It should work fine on your system. Just not at top speed. The seamless link capabilities should take care of things even if you try to burn it at top speed. Maybe you need to defrag your drives. I would also try to upgrade to a better burning software. You might try alcohol 120% Or roxio. Or the full version of Nero. I run my burner on a AMD k6 450 and i works fine. You should try burning on the slowest speeds or choose optimal speed and it should automatically choose the best speed for your system. Also run spybot search and destroy to make shure that no funny programs are running in the background on your system. Then do a full system scan witha reputable virus scanning software.

KJN

Post #: 80
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI