CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1606 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/8/2003 3:32:15 AM   
Michael Lee

Trikat, my drive had C.FZ firmware and it now has F.FZ after it is flashed with FFZ Flash Tool. If you have C.FC, you probably have to use KSC.EXE. This is a pretty safe flashing process because if won't flash if you don't have the right firware on your drive. I have tried both flash tools, but only FFZ works. KSC is a zipped files which needs to be unzipped before you use it. FFZ is a self-extracted zipped file. Both are done inside Windows and you don't have to fuss with DOS. Send me your Email address, I will send you the firmware.

The fastest computer is not necessary a good running computer.

(in reply to Michael Lee)
Post #: 33
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/8/2003 3:33:54 AM   
PUTALE

I will jump into the threads
I have just got my cdrw. It is KHCRW482448, firmware C.FZ.
I am curious, how am i gonna to go about updating my firmware? I don't really need a faster speed but would love to enable the mt. rainier.
Please someone tell me which firmware should I use and how should I go about using it.
Thanks a lot.

Post #: 34
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/8/2003 3:53:35 AM   
Michael Lee

The firmware downloading area in CDRINFO.COM has all the versions of firmware you need to upgrade/overclocked your Khypermedia KHCRW482448. Go to the main(home) page and click on FIRWARE, use the firmware locator to find the firware that you need. C.FZ firmware need FFZ which will upgrade your drive to a 5224W. If you have D.XC or C.XC (X is a variable), you need KSC to upgrade your drive into 5224P.

Post #: 35
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/8/2003 4:56:31 AM   
PUTALE

Thanks so much for the reply. Just curious, I just need to download the file and click it to install under windows right? There is no special steps that I should take? Also, are there things thtat I should worry when I update the firmware? Just don't want to mess up the drive.
Tahnks.

Post #: 36
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/8/2003 6:35:53 AM   
Michael Lee

FFZ is a Windows flash tools which is executed from your Windows. FFZ is self-extracted zipped file. Double click on the FFZ files will cause the file to be extracted to a folder named BENQ5224W. Open the folder, you will see an icon FFZ (SCSI Disk Flash Tool), execute this file to flash your drive. Soon you will see a dialoque box showing your drives. Highlight your burner to be flashed and click "FLASH". After it is finished, alawys reboot before you use the burner.

Let me warn you about the danger involved in flashing firmware:
1. A blotched firmware update will render your drive useless.
2. Never stop the process while flashing is taking place.
3. If you haven't done it before, there is always a risk because you are not sure of what you are doing.

Post #: 37
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/8/2003 7:20:56 AM   
ri3eboi

I got the .bin file for 5224P from someone here through email, and I wanna confirm that it is safe to flash it. I tried both the 5224P and 5224W from benq.com but none of them would let me flash saying there is an error :(, would that indidcate that my drive shouldn't be flashed to 5224P? Again any help is greatly appreciated.

Post #: 38
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/8/2003 7:22:46 AM   
ri3eboi

BTW, I have the 4824P Cendyne 48x CDRW with firmware D.IC .

Post #: 39
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/8/2003 4:51:54 PM   
Michael Lee

Yes, I 've done it and so can you! We have the same drive.

Post #: 40
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/8/2003 5:08:18 PM   
canydavid

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Lee

The firmware downloading area in CDRINFO.COM has all the versions of firmware you need to upgrade/overclocked your Khypermedia KHCRW482448. Go to the main(home) page and click on FIRWARE, use the firmware locator to find the firware that you need. C.FZ firmware need FFZ which will upgrade your drive to a 5224W. If you have D.XC or C.XC (X is a variable), you need KSC to upgrade your drive into 5224P.

My drive uses D.xC firmware, so I looked for the KSC firmware, but all I found was K.PC, L.LCA, K.LC, and K.HC (under firmware for the CRW5224P). Where did you get KSC.exe from? Also, "cptsnoopy" indicated that you need to flash a bin file using mtkwinflash first, then upgrade to KSC.

Any help would be appreciated.
-David

Post #: 41
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/8/2003 10:13:32 PM   
ri3eboi

I flashed my drive with the Bin file and MTKWINFLASH. Everything went fine except I had a CD in the drive when flashing :(. Anyways it is now detected as a 52x cdrw, and reads cds fine, haven't got a chance to burn a cd with it, but will that soon. Oh also should I upgrade the firmware again with KSC.exe?

Post #: 42
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/9/2003 3:10:25 AM   
VEFF

quote:
Originally posted by cptsnoopy

VEFF

when you get your drive, please post what model you got then we can tell you which firmware to flash. thanks

Thanks cptsnoopy.
I got the KHCRW482448 (says 'Seamless Link' on the tray, so it is mfd by Benq).

It says C.FZ in the lower right corner of the sticker on the bottom of the drive. I assume this is the firmware revision?

It seems from reading one of posts on another site, that a bin file is not needed, but simply using another (52X I suppose) drive's .exe is working?

Not to worry, I read the post about the C.FZ being able to use the 5224W's firmware directly

Post #: 43
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/9/2003 6:26:49 AM   
msansone

I have the D.LC firmware, I tried running the KSC flash but it says that the firmware is not upgradable. Does anyone have any ideas?

Post #: 44
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/9/2003 7:14:11 PM   
lesterk

i d/l'd ffz.exe for my C.FZ drive, but i am using windows NT 4 here at work, and it says an error message when i click on ffz.exe "This windows version not support."(actual message) Am i out of luck?

Post #: 45
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/10/2003 3:34:10 AM   
Michael Lee

Flash the drive in your friend's computer if FFZ doesn't work in NT.

Post #: 46
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/10/2003 1:38:03 PM   
BillyBob

An old man needs a bit of help here. Have the Khypermedia 48X24X48X and have been unable to get my system to recognize it. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Running winXP SP1. Have tried every combo possible starting with Cable Select thru the entire gamut. Have tried IDE primary and secondary. No dice. The drive has power and I can open & close the tray just fine. Evidently I need a driver which I assume winXP should be providing but no luck so far. But then it could be that I just have a bum drive and need to exchange it. Everything seems fine in Bios, auto & dma2.

Anybody care to tell me what I'm doing wrong or any additional steps I have to take? Would be appreciated.

Thanks Much...

Post #: 47
RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner - 5/11/2003 7:04:08 AM   
cptsnoopy

Hi BillyBob,

I am wondering if it has anything to do with the aspi layer? I am using win2kpro so this is just a guess. I don't think that you need the aspi layer for winxp but I believe that I have read some threads that have said that installing an aspi layer in winxp may help... Use this link to read up a little about it and you may find some useful info. http://aspi.radified.com/
Also this link to download "forceaspi", a file that allows you to change the version of your aspi layer on your system. http://www.cyrus.troy.btinternet.co.uk/downloads.htm
also download aspicheck to check and see what if any aspi layer is installed before you begin.

I run my CDRW on secondary IDE slave. with a toshiba DVDrom as secondary IDE master. I have heard that you may want to try your drive out as the only drive on the IDE if that is not already the case because some drive types don't play together well on the same cable...

one last thing to ask, is your winxp not recognizing the drive or your burning software? If your using the software that came with the drive this should not be an issue with the burning software...

good luck...

CptSnoopy
:-)

Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> RE: Khypermedia 48X24X48 burner Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI