Strange quality troubles with LiteON (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality

Vladislav -> Strange quality troubles with LiteON (4/16/2003 10:06:20 PM)

Hi!
I have liteon 40125s flashed to 48125W
I never tested for errors before but after reading the error article I decided to try. Well was I surprised. Any CD I burn no matter what has 'yellow' blocks in Nero CD Speed disk check! I tried varying speeds, tried moving the writer between different computers, doesn't matter! I get yellow (damaged) blocks. Latest media is fuji's ty and maxell's ty both have damaged blocks after writing. Noticed it is never red blocks (unreadable) it is only damaged. I tried to burn on my powerbook and tested that cd and there still was a whole bunch of 'yellow' areas. What could it be? Impossible that all my cds are screwed up, could burner be bad at reading? or both reading and writing?
Any help?
thanks

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: Strange quality troubles with LiteON (4/16/2003 11:49:51 PM)

why don't you download K-Probe and test your CD-Rs with that. It will give you a better idea of where the errors are, and their severity.
you can download it here: http://home.pchome.com.tw/cool/cdtools/

Vladislav -> RE: Strange quality troubles with LiteON (4/17/2003 2:46:30 AM)

Well I don't see much of a difference from the other test, I just get errors. In the 'writing quality' I see screenshots of cds completely 'greened' out and none of my cds are like that, no matter what I do they have yellow blocks all over the place :(

Vladislav -> RE: Strange quality troubles with LiteON (4/17/2003 4:19:22 AM)

hmm...I just burned an audio cd and I got all greens, the cd was perfect, right away tested another data cd burned at 12x and same old, a bunch of errors....
how can it write music fine but data all screwed up?
thanks!

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: Strange quality troubles with LiteON (4/17/2003 11:24:22 AM)

that is very odd! it sounds like it could be a problem with your drive. Has it always performed like this? how long have you had it?

Vladislav -> RE: Strange quality troubles with LiteON (4/19/2003 12:58:07 AM)

Hi!
I had it for exactly a year! I can only assume that it always performed like this since I never checked it before and just started checking now.
I tested some of the older cds I burned and all of them are not perfect but another thing is, if I run the test many times I get somewhat different error patterns! So sometimes a block is green sometimes it is yellow, but overall errors are at the same spots more or less...
I am not rich enough to buy another drive just for testing :(

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: Strange quality troubles with LiteON (4/19/2003 2:34:50 AM)

Hrm, if the problems are always in the same spots, then it sounds like it could be the drive itself. If the drive is still under warrenty you may want to try returning it. Otherwise, I'm not sure there is much you can do [:(]

perhaps someone else has an idea?

Vladislav -> RE: Strange quality troubles with LiteON (4/19/2003 9:23:48 AM)

Hi!
no the problems are not always at the same spots, I just mean they are relatively around same spots, when I run test on the same cd. I just mean they are not exactly the same every time but are relatively close.
Drive ran out of warranty a day before i found all this out :) sweet irony :)
thanks for trying to help...

Dartman -> RE: Strange quality troubles with LiteON (4/21/2003 8:57:41 AM)

My real 48x12x48 does similar things. I get errors that never show up with my newer 52x drive. I think that our drives just don't read as well as the newer ones or maybe they are reporting errors that really aren't there. I always seem to get a c2 error at 56 minutes with most disks I test and my other drives never see that error and usualy show much lower errors rates too.
I probably replace it with another 52 as soon as a very good sale comes up.

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: Strange quality troubles with LiteON (4/21/2003 9:23:53 AM)

Actually, yeah... I have the same problem with my 481525W (was 40125S), when I read a disc at 40x or 48x I almost ALWAYS get a spike of C2 errors around the area of 56min. It drives me crazy, so I do my testing at 32x [;)]

Vladislav -> RE: Strange quality troubles with LiteON (4/22/2003 11:01:23 PM)

I bought CRW-F1 it has even more errors :) screw it, no more striving for perfection :)

R00KIE -> RE: Strange quality troubles with LiteON (4/24/2003 5:47:33 PM)

that could be caused by the burner but i would bet that the software is the cause for that.
i have an ASUS cdrom drive and with one version of cdspeed i get errors in the quality tests, with a more up to date version i get the correct results.
toshiba drives work well for sure if you can test some of those cds in a toshiba drive

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI