Jitter Test Software? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality

y2net -> Jitter Test Software? (4/4/2003 2:01:03 AM)

May I know what software that I can use to test jitter on the cdr?

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: Jitter Test Software? (4/4/2003 2:37:49 AM)

The new plextor premium drive will come with it included in the new Plextools [:D]

john -> RE: Jitter Test Software? (4/6/2003 1:26:08 AM)

The Jitter measurements of the new Plextor Premium drive are not absolute measurements (ns) like the one we present but something different, lets wait to see the final thing...

Dimitris -> RE: Jitter Test Software? (6/26/2003 7:01:39 PM)

Hi, I was also looking for a c1/c2 error detection program.

Could someone suggest one (with the relevant download link) please?

I have heard of Kprobe and CD Doctor, but for some reason they do not work on my machine. Kprobe crashes my PC (I have Windows XP SP1), and CD Doctor gives the following message: "Exiting Program because no CD-Rom found". I have the latest ASPI drivers (Adaptec 4.71a 2). Any suggestions? Could it be that the programs i have simply are not working copies and therefore I need to download a different copy?

Thanks in advance,

john -> RE: Jitter Test Software? (6/26/2003 8:13:10 PM)

Try the older v4.60 ASPI layer

Dimitris -> RE: Jitter Test Software? (6/26/2003 9:14:33 PM)

Thanks, John,

I do not know how, but both programs (CD Doctor / Kprobe) eventually worked with the same (the latest) ASPI layer. Thanks, anyway.

Incidentally, I got the impression that CD Doctor gives more objective values than LiteOn's Kprobe. Is that indeed the case?

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: Jitter Test Software? (6/27/2003 1:10:44 AM)

CD Doctor has more objective values then K-Probe? what do you mean by objective?

Dimitris -> RE: Jitter Test Software? (6/27/2003 1:28:16 AM)

Hi,

by 'more objective' I mean closer to the absolute values. See John's message, in the thread "K's CD/DVD Probe", which read as follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one note...The Jitter measurements with commercial drives are not the same as the RED Book standard describes. Commercial drives use 0.50NA lens, while the special readers for Jitter, 0.45NA lens, while commercial drives are not calibraded .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

john -> RE: Jitter Test Software? (6/27/2003 2:12:12 AM)

Both CD Doctor and KProbe should give similar values, since both are monitoring the same drive (probably there will be different calculation algorith for C1/C2 average/total)...

muppy -> RE: Jitter Test Software? (7/20/2003 5:21:41 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by Dolphinius_Rex

The new plextor premium drive will come with it included in the new Plextools [:D]

Hy, isn't there any other software to test jitter?
Thanks!
Andrea

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: Jitter Test Software? (7/20/2003 9:19:31 PM)

not yet, not for us regular folk at least. If you want to buy the proper (expensive) equipment then that will work too...

Karr Wang, the author of K-Probe is working on adding jitter testing to his software, but as he is very busy, it won't be added for a while probably.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.611328E-02