GQ (Great Quality) CD-RW - cannot erase (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media

zonker_ca -> GQ (Great Quality) CD-RW - cannot erase (11/12/2004 2:02:25 PM)

Help! I don't know if this is a drive or media problem but it seems to be happening on 2 of my drives so I assume it is a media issue.

I am using GQ (great quality)(it's the brand name, not an opinion on its quality) CD-RW 700 MB/80 Min, 4-12X compatible.

I have been able to burn on them at least once. Then I erase them and burn new data on them. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

Currently, I have some disks that are not recognized at all by the drive. I cannot run the "erase disk" function because the application thinks there is no disk in the drive.

Anyone have a similiar experience and/or can give some technical advice?

Thanks in advance
[:'(]

Iggy -> RE: GQ (Great Quality) CD-RW - cannot erase (11/13/2004 6:36:58 PM)

Welcome to CDRinfo's Forum!

I had the same experience in the past. The truth is that the CDRW are not too reliable. Anyway get the latest firmware for your drive and the latest version of your software. If the problem still exists then it is for sure the media, which also I assume since you tried in two different drives.

Cal 01 -> RE: GQ (Great Quality) CD-RW - cannot erase (11/13/2004 7:32:08 PM)

To add to what Iggy says, also if you are using two different drives to erase the media it can cause a problem too. I've found that if I use my "Plextor Premium" drive to erase a CD RW disc then try to write on that same disc with my CyberDrive drive it causes a problem in writing to that disc. Because those drives each has a different erasing strategy!

emperor -> RE: GQ (Great Quality) CD-RW - cannot erase (11/14/2004 11:21:05 AM)

I would suggest trying full erase, if your drive cannot erase them, probably your media is bad

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI