Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio

Ethelion -> Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 7:07:21 AM)

Hello there!

I'm new to this forum and this is my first try to get some help for my 'somewhat' annoying problem:

My cd-burner worked fine some days ago, and now it does not, and I haven't changed a thing!

I use Nero 5.5 combined with an internal Teac w540e CD-Burner on windows XP.
My system is high-end, so I meet all possible requirements you could throw at me.
I have updated my burner Firmware to the latest version.

When I burn an audio-CD, the burn process completes successfully.

However, when I play the CD in 'any' cd-player, the sound is terrible. The right channel is perfect and sounds like the original mp3's I burned off my harddrive, the left channel is extremely distorted, playing about 3 times louder than the right. Now, when I say extremely distorted, I'm talking about high-pitched white-noise, where you 'barely' hear the music in the background.

I have tried to play around with some of the burn-settings, but I'm not as educated when it comes to cd-burning, so I really have no idea what I'm doing.

First of all, can anyone help me with this?
Second, are there special drivers or codecs I need for this operation?

(on my old motherboard, the burner worked fine. after upgrading to a newer motherboard, the burner started acting up, burning coasters, so I installed standalone ATAPI drivers, and this seemed to fix it.. until a few days ago, when this stupid error hit me like a rotten egg..)

Help, please. [:(]

Iggy -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 7:27:45 AM)

Welcome to CDRinfo's Forum!

If I am not wrong you have those songs in MP3 and you are converting them to WAV using the Nero, am I correct? Did you try to download the latest version of Nero?

scuba_steve -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 7:39:17 AM)

1) try to burn your audio discs at a lower speed (4x,8x,12x)
2) try a different brand of CD-R discs

Ethelion -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 7:41:43 AM)

Yes, you are correct. I have the MP3's in the folder-view to the right, and I drag them over to the compilation-window on the left.

I have upgraded to the latest version of the Nero Burning ROM (5.5), but if I wish to upgrade to the 6.0 version, I will be forced to buy it again, even though I already own a serial for the 5.0 version.

Personally, I don't think the problem is with the Nero software, since the program has worked for me before. I think it has something to do with the audio, the audio-convertion or possibly, the audio codecs.

I mean, the right-channel is perfect.
The problem is with the left channel only.. and that strikes me as a bit weird.

I really hope I get this issue solved somehow.. [>:]

Iggy -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 7:48:40 AM)

Then I would suggest an attempt with Nero 6 and different media brand. Btw which one do you have?

Ethelion -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 8:00:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iggy

Then I would suggest an attempt with Nero 6 and different media brand. Btw which one do you have?

I have the latest Nero Burning ROM (Nero v.551056)

I use a 50-pack spindle Verbatim CD-R 700mb with "Double Protection Layers".

These discs worked fine just a few days ago, so I don't see why the media would be the source of my problems.

Iggy -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 8:03:26 AM)

Yes, those discs are ok, however it is possible some of them to be faulty.

Why not the v6?

Ethelion -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 8:09:17 AM)

quote:

Yes, those discs are ok, however it is possible some of them to be faulty.

Why not the v6?

I have burned 6 "coasters" where the left audio-channel is distorted, so I really hope for Verbatims sake that they are not all faulty.

As I mentioned in earlier replies, the 6.0 version of Nero costs me money.
Why would I buy this upgrade, when the 5.5 version worked perfect before this problem?

Ah well, I'll try it if nothing else works.

Iggy -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 8:19:36 AM)

You can download the demo version.

Do you burn with default AudioCD settings?

Do you have ASPI installed?

Ethelion -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 8:22:29 AM)

quote:

You can download the demo version.

Do you burn with default AudioCD settings?

Do you have ASPI installed?

I'll download the demo-version when I get home from work.

Yes, I use the default AudioCD settings.

Yes, I have installed the latest ASPI drivers.

Iggy -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 8:23:31 AM)

Better use the 4.60 version. According to most users it is the best for XP.

Ethelion -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 8:43:21 AM)

quote:

Better use the 4.60 version. According to most users it is the best for XP.

Yeah, maybe I'll try that then.. [;)]

Thanx.

Iggy -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 9:46:33 AM)

The truth is that there aren't too many settings to play with, so it is difficult something to be faulty.

Ethelion -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/8/2004 4:55:08 PM)

Now I have installed the ForceASPI drivers, version 4.60, and I have also installed Nero 6 Reloaded, and still.. the same happens when I try to burn AudioCD's from MP3-files. The LEFT channel is full of distortion and white-noise, the RIGHT channel is perfect, just like the MP3-original.

If I can't fix this stupid bug I will be forced to buy another burner.. [:@]

Iggy -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/9/2004 1:43:10 AM)

Are you sure about the condition of the player you are using to check this disc?

Ethelion -> RE: Audio CD successful, left audio distorted. (11/9/2004 3:18:37 AM)

quote:

Are you sure about the condition of the player you are using to check this disc?

Yes, I am.

The left channel of the audio is distorted in:
- ..my car-stereo
- ..my Hi-Fi stereo
- ..my bedroom stereo
- ..both my home-computer and work-computer.

The AudioCD's work fine on the 5 different players I've tested the discs on, except for the incredibly annoying distorted noise in the left channel of course.

[&o]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.171875E-02