unmodded PS2 and HDD (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles

yiannis -> unmodded PS2 and HDD (11/6/2004 6:40:42 PM)

Hello to all!

After searching for couple of days and reading so many webpages FAQ's and so on i have few simple questions for u....first let me tell u what equipment i have...
PS2(obviously), official network adapter, seagate hdd 40gb and all the available software(loaders,swap etc) but on backup cd's(not pressed). Is there any way i can format the hdd without using the original pressed hdloader or hdadvance?? can i format the hdd in my pc and make it ps2 compatible format to avoid hdloader? if is there any way i can boot the PS2 using software burned in backup cds ?? Thank u all

yiannis -> RE: unmodded PS2 and HDD (11/7/2004 1:35:53 AM)

I just downloaded and tried the WinHIIP_V1.6.3 and it formatted my seagate hd to PS2 format....i hooked it in the PS2 and after the bib sound which means the hd loads it stopped.......do u think is incompatible or the WinHIIP_V1.6.3 didnt do the job right? possibly the first [:@]

Rufus1983 -> RE: unmodded PS2 and HDD (11/7/2004 5:31:49 AM)

What about PS2 and USB HDD? I know the new slim ps2 has no HDD exp slot, how about someone comin up with a plug in solution, main prob is ps2 uses USB 1.1 which is slow as hell, what about some way of hardwiring a USB device to a mem card or somethin? All sounds a bit extreme i know but would be a great solution. Anyone know anything about it??

emperor -> RE: unmodded PS2 and HDD (11/7/2004 1:47:29 PM)

yiannis there is a page which lists all compatible HDD with PS2, might want to check there

yiannis -> RE: unmodded PS2 and HDD (11/7/2004 2:09:22 PM)

i have just checked and yes it is compatible....now how do u explain that after booting it turns off?? do i need to format it inside the PS2 using HDadvance? what about my previous questions? any ideas? Thanx for ur replies[;)]

neilg -> RE: unmodded PS2 and HDD (11/25/2004 9:52:13 AM)

yes.. the hd loader / advance should ask you to format it.. at least.. my hd loader asked me to format. is your hard drive set to MASTER?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI