Cannot flash 3500 via USB2 - just hangs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC

nickrowe -> Cannot flash 3500 via USB2 - just hangs (11/6/2004 9:56:49 AM)

Hello. I cannot flash my NEC 3500AG (in a USB2 enclosure).

Using NECWinFlash or WinFlash, both start uploading the bin file, and then hang. I have tried several bin files too.

I have read all the FAQS etc, and made sure no other processes are running that might interfere (I'm on Windows XP).

Any ideas?! Help! Many thanks.

MP3Mogul -> RE: Cannot flash 3500 via USB2 - just hangs (11/6/2004 4:34:06 PM)

remove it from the case, connect to your IDE channel in your PC, flash it... then just reinstall in your USB enclosure.

emperor -> RE: Cannot flash 3500 via USB2 - just hangs (11/7/2004 2:18:14 PM)

Its quite possible that your USB case prevents some neseccery commands to send to the drive, so thats why the firmware flashing fails, mp3mogul has given the proper way to make the flashing

ckjnigel -> RE: Cannot flash 3500 via USB2 - just hangs (5/9/2005 2:41:06 AM)

I had just this problem with my 3520A in a very generic outboard USB/Firewire case.
A few minutes ago, (while turned off), I unplugged the Maxtor OneTouch hard drive M: that uses the front panel firewire port and changed the NEC, drive N:, to that connection; after reboot I flashed the May 1 '05 L&D executable from that .nl site. Flashing worked!
After putting the plugs back the way they'd been, all seems fine. But, the 3520A is now drive I: and the Maxtor is drive H:

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI