Wap (Full Version)

All Forums >> [In-House] >> Users FeedBack

DjiXas -> Wap (10/22/2004 5:36:57 AM)

Hello, then i am trying to view forums on my mobile phone i got error that java is currently disabled, please enable it :) [8D]

emperor -> RE: Wap (10/22/2004 6:24:02 AM)

Strange, can you please give us more details about this?

scuba_steve -> RE: Wap (10/22/2004 7:42:57 AM)

Hmm, you weren't quite specific on how you tried to access the forums. Did you use a wap browser on your mobile, or a full blown mobile browser over GPRS?
If it is the former(guessing from the subject), then it will not work for you. There must be specially designed web pages for wap, and I doubt the forum software supports this. Wap pages are written in WML (wireless markup language) which is a stripped down version of HTML.
In other words: to view a site using wap, special pages must exist written in WML and not HTML.
I hope some things are clearer for you now [:)]

DjiXas -> RE: Wap (10/22/2004 7:45:38 AM)

I'm using siemens m55, gprs

http://www.cdrinfo.com

I'm seeing login, register, etc.. but in the center of page, java is currently disbaled, you may try it too :)

scuba_steve -> RE: Wap (10/22/2004 8:00:36 AM)

are you using the phone's builtin browser? This browser (just checked from siemens site) supports WAP only, so normal html pages cannot be displayed.
My guess is that since wml and html in their basics are similar (some tags are the same), some can be interpreted correctly from your phone, but some of them are not, hence the error message.

DjiXas -> RE: Wap (10/22/2004 8:21:33 AM)

I'm using default browser...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.464844E-02