How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [In-House] >> FAQ

NotesGooRoo -> How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (9/9/2004 6:40:37 PM)

There is an easier way to accomplish this than the above FAQ.

Start/Run

Paste the following line...........

sc config imapi start= disabled

Hit enter

The next time you restart your computer it will show up as disabled.

To enable, paste this line........

sc config imapi start= demand

*note - with both methods, you need to have admin rights to the machine. So, if this does not work at work, do not be surprised.

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (9/10/2004 3:39:13 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

emperor -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (9/10/2004 4:49:29 AM)

[:)][8D]

marctronixx -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (2/8/2005 10:02:02 PM)

whats the harm in leaving this program enabled? im ignorant to the program so i appreciate any replies...

emperor -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (2/9/2005 3:00:20 PM)

it messes up with the various recording software you will use, so its advised to disable it

marctronixx -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (2/9/2005 4:40:06 PM)

thanks. i have pasted the line as per your post. saw the DOC box pop up and ill see what happens...

thanks...

marctronixx -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (2/9/2005 9:12:09 PM)

well i did the abaove update and now nero shows the drives (i have 3) as not found.

cytowing -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (2/20/2005 9:43:09 AM)

Exuse my ignorance but why not just uncheck the "Enable CD Recording on the is Drive" under the Properties tab of the drive? Am I doing something wrong?

marctronixx -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (2/20/2005 12:43:16 PM)

good question. i re enabled this setting and i have burned 7 dual layer dvds and i havent seen any side effects of this program being enabled. so il just leave well enuff alone . im using DVDS and DVDD instead of nero...

Matthew -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (2/20/2005 4:32:11 PM)

Nice trick - would that work for other things too, eg.
sc config messenger start= disabled

As a quick way to knock out the spam-infested messenger service?

The Black Wizard -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (4/18/2005 11:46:05 PM)

Remove Messenger
ยท Go to Start/Run, and type: "rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection BLC.Remove 128
%SystemRoot%\INF\msmsgs.inf"

major9686 -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (7/7/2005 8:35:00 AM)

quote:

sc config imapi start= disabled

How can I tell if the XP burnin' program is enabled or disabled ?

emperor -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (7/7/2005 3:58:00 PM)

Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services->IMAPI CD Burning (check if its enabled or disabled!)

major9686 -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (7/7/2005 10:53:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: emperor

Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services->IMAPI CD Burning (check if its enabled or disabled!)

Here is on started and automatic ..
So I should stop it and put it on disable ?
it wont harm anything ?
I mean, its says :
"Manages CD recording using Image Mastering Applications Programming Interface (IMAPI). If this service is stopped, this computer will be unable to record CDs. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start."

Dimitris32 -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (11/12/2005 2:36:49 PM)

I think disabling it is wrong, too...

I used the above command to disable this service, and my cd-writer disappeared (from both Windows Explorer and from Nero), just like marctronixx's 3 drives.  So I re-enabled it and all is fine now.

Could it be that these 2 threads in this section (about disabling this service) are simply wrong advice?

Zebadee -> RE: How To Disable Win XP's Built-in Burning Program ! - Easier way. (11/12/2005 3:56:25 PM)

Hi [:)]
That's interesting that you've experienced that.
I've just tried the command "sc config imapi start= disabled" IMAPI was turned from automatic to manual. I still get all(5) my DVDRW's show up without any problems. 

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI