How do you edit .wmv file w/ Adobe Premiere? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video

iKwak -> How do you edit .wmv file w/ Adobe Premiere? (9/3/2004 3:35:51 PM)

I am using Premiere 6 and when I try to open a .wmv video clip, Premiere would not find it.
Premiere locates .avi file without a problem.

Help?

iKwak -> RE: How do you edit .wmv file w/ Adobe Premiere? (9/3/2004 4:20:48 PM)

Note: Virtualdub can not covert .wma files any longer because of Microsoft.

If anybody know a solution and an alternative, please let me know. The quality of the conversion is not important.

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (9/3/2004 6:15:12 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

emperor -> RE: How do you edit .wmv file w/ Adobe Premiere? (9/3/2004 10:42:48 PM)

Maybe you can search for an earlier version of VirtuaLab, i have around my HDD a 1.3xx version that supports such file from microsoft (i think so)

kogos -> RE: How do you edit .wmv file w/ Adobe Premiere? (9/6/2004 5:18:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: iKwak

Note: Virtualdub can not covert .wma files any longer because of Microsoft.

If anybody know a solution and an alternative, please let me know. The quality of the conversion is not important.

you can get the modified virtual dub version that supports asf files from here:
http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/Editing/VirtualDub14c-asf.zip

This is only the exe file... But remember that you must have the microsoft media codec pack installed to be able to open asf/wmv files...

It is easier to use TMPGEnc DVD Source Creator to convert the files to compatible MPEG-2 or MPEG-1 files, and then edit them with any other video editing software... You could also give ULEAD's Movie Factory a try...

In general, wmv and asf files are a totally pain in the %^&... These files are the best for video compression and the worst for video editing...

Hope i helped

scorpio -> RE: How do you edit .wmv file w/ Adobe Premiere? (11/20/2004 6:43:03 AM)

Try Vegas 5.0 !
Or Sounde Forge 6.0 or 7.0 !

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI