3-D Scan Reconstructs Face Of A Mummy! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics

SiliconFreak -> 3-D Scan Reconstructs Face Of A Mummy! (9/1/2004 5:29:51 AM)

Italian researchers produce one of the most detailed views of an ancient Egyptian

Italian scientists have used three-dimensional X-ray imaging to reveal the skull of a nearly 3,000-year-old Egyptian mummy and reconstruct his head, all without disturbing a single wrapping.

The procedure — which blends state-of-the-art CT scanning, rapid prototyping and forensic facial reconstruction — offers a noninvasive way to solve riddles of the ancient past, the scientists said.
Full story...

Source : MSNBC

[image]local://upfiles/17750/99E2DA1128F64E9CB415ADCE07B55F27.jpg[/image]
The replica of Harwa's head includes details taken from the mummy's soft tissue, down to the lesion visible near his ear.

sp -> RE: 3-D Scan Reconstructs Face Of A Mummy! (9/2/2004 4:59:15 AM)

This photo, with a little imagination, reminds me of Balmer's head after the new ellections...:)))

emperor -> RE: 3-D Scan Reconstructs Face Of A Mummy! (9/2/2004 5:24:19 AM)

impressive technology i must note[;)]

SiliconFreak -> RE: 3-D Scan Reconstructs Face Of A Mummy! (9/2/2004 5:38:46 AM)

Did You mean Steve Balmer, sp? [:)] He surely is one great Freak at M$...[:D][:D][:D] I watched some of his introduction videos...and he sure rocks! [;)] Maybe its even remake of his head photo...who knows...those days everything seems possible...[:D][:D][:D]

Anyway...really impressive technology...thats how they would look onto some of us some 10.000 years from now on....and get our 3D pictures...(maybe they would be able to clone us successfully also...mmmmmm...I would love to live and see how this world will look like at that time) [:)][;)]

emperor -> RE: 3-D Scan Reconstructs Face Of A Mummy! (9/2/2004 5:59:50 AM)

I would like to future users to see how cdrinfo admins were long time ago like in 200 years [:)]

SiliconFreak -> RE: 3-D Scan Reconstructs Face Of A Mummy! (9/2/2004 7:28:28 AM)

No comment...great idea! [:D][;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.171875E-02