newbie post--TruSilver/Diamond? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media

yossfish -> newbie post--TruSilver/Diamond? (11/22/2002 8:55:48 AM)

Hi, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to CDR media. Can someone tell me a specific brand for silver-bottomed TruSilver/Diamond discs? And preferably a place to buy them online? Any help is much appreciated. peace, Yoss

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: newbie post--TruSilver/Diamond? (11/22/2002 11:17:58 AM)

there are lot's of places to buy those kind of CD-Rs online, if you give us an idea of where you live perhaps we can recommend one that is close to you and save you some shipping costs [:D] I don't know of any BRANDS that use them though.

yossfish -> RE: newbie post--TruSilver/Diamond? (11/22/2002 9:49:48 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by Dolphinius_Rex

there are lot's of places to buy those kind of CD-Rs online, if you give us an idea of where you live perhaps we can recommend one that is close to you and save you some shipping costs

Thanks for the reply Dolphinius; I'm in New York City. But any online vendor is fine. Thanks in advance! peace, Yoss

elektric -> RE: newbie post--TruSilver/Diamond? (12/7/2002 10:45:04 AM)

quote:
Originally posted by yossfish
Thanks for the reply Dolphinius; I'm in New York City. But any online vendor is fine. Thanks in advance! peace, Yoss

Rima.com has alot of good prices on the types of discs you're seeking.

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: newbie post--TruSilver/Diamond? (12/7/2002 11:10:39 AM)

My personal advice is to stay away from Ritek Silver Diamonds, especially if they are rated at 16x or 24x! I've had some experiences with them....and well...I wouldn't suggest them to anyone. The last 6% of the disc usually can't be read even by Nero CD Speed or CD Doctor, and the error count is astrnomical...and not just the little tiny errors either, I'm talking the big bad kind (C2). so watch out for them [:)]

Prodisc on the other hand makes some really good ones!

rabbit -> RE: newbie post--TruSilver/Diamond? (12/8/2002 5:36:15 AM)

buy.com has a good selection of media, although i don't know if they have the silver ones you are looking for.

adelphia83 -> RE: newbie post--TruSilver/Diamond? (12/8/2002 8:28:35 PM)

Harmony makes some Silver/Diamond CD's in a 50 pack spindle for ~15$. I've found them at Mediaplay and Sam Goody. The latter of the two is all across the US in malls and such. I've never tried the media, and therefore cannot attest to it's quality, but it looks decent enough that I may try a spindle.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI