Secret screenshots from Half-Life 2 ! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News

T3TRISizer -> Secret screenshots from Half-Life 2 ! (8/9/2004 4:32:24 PM)

Three new widescreen shots applauded by the Half-Life hardcore.
As FPS fans ready themselves to embark on the claustrophobic horrors of Doom 3, which is due to arrive August 13, a trio of extra special Half-Life 2 screenshots have found their way onto the SPOnG database. Revealed at the end of last week by Valve’s own Greg Coomer via a cunningly disguised web-page - these widescreen pics contrast nicely with the iD title, portraying expansive, near-agoraphobic landscapes and some potentially epic battlefields. They’re very attractive, are they not?

Once Valve and Vivendi have eventually decided on a fixed release date for the eternally-awaited HL2, which could arrive in September, expect immediate notification.

Source : Spong

sp -> RE: Secret screenshots from Half-Life 2 ! (8/9/2004 5:40:10 PM)

I think most of our mods already play doom 3, not online, yet, though:)), and August 13 is several day away!

Leviathan -> RE: Secret screenshots from Half-Life 2 ! (8/11/2004 4:35:31 AM)

I'm sure that Half-Life 2 will beat Doom 3 in every aspect. Doom 3 lacks a lot in open invironments and performance. Half-Life 2 come to fill these gaps and even more it will be a lot more lighter for today's systems to render.

Zeratul -> RE: Secret screenshots from Half-Life 2 ! (8/11/2004 4:40:58 AM)

Yeah I agree with you Leviathan. Doom 3 sucks for me too. The exciting gameplay and heart-beating experience Doom 1 & 2 offered have nothing to do with the crap Doom 3 offers.

That's my opinion of course [:)]

Fallen Paladin -> RE: Secret screenshots from Half-Life 2 ! (8/11/2004 4:47:07 AM)

quote:

The exciting gameplay and heart-beating experience Doom 1 & 2 offered have nothing to do with the crap Doom 3 offers.

You are right man. Doom3 is the dissapointment of every Doom 1 & 2 fan.

emperor -> RE: Secret screenshots from Half-Life 2 ! (8/11/2004 7:17:20 AM)

I also hope Half Life 2 to be better than Doom3, also the engine of Doom3 would be used for making other games so there is hope!

Leviathan -> RE: Secret screenshots from Half-Life 2 ! (8/11/2004 2:27:13 PM)

So only mods will save Doom's glory [:(]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI