Mt. Rainier format compatible with Windows 98 ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing

awdiofreq -> Mt. Rainier format compatible with Windows 98 ? (5/15/2004 4:13:31 PM)

Is the new Mt. Rainier format compatible with windows 98 ? I need to buy a new cd burner and found a good deal on a particlar one, but under it's specs it states it comes with the new mt. rainier format & software. I currently have windows 98 (1st edition) & need to know if my version of windows will support this new type of format. Thanks in advance !!

Cal 01 -> RE: Mt. Rainier format compatible with Windows 98 ? (5/15/2004 7:52:41 PM)

Why not ask the Manufacturer of the drive you're looking at purchasing?![;)]

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (5/16/2004 6:46:48 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

emperor -> RE: Mt. Rainier format compatible with Windows 98 ? (5/16/2004 10:05:40 AM)

Mt. Rainier is both software and hardware depentable so...With the correct software, even Win98 can be supported

Matthew -> RE: Mt. Rainier format compatible with Windows 98 ? (5/16/2004 12:35:35 PM)

If it's Nero/InCD, then I guess we need a comment from DBurg?

Are the Mt. Rainier supporting versions of InCD stable/reliable on Win98? (If I recall, some 4.x versions were not, but I believe it was supported from 3.5.??)
That is what it comes down to - it's unfair to single out Nero, but many applications are getting a bit flaky on Win98, or even not supporting it at all (Roxio's latest!).

That, more than any decree from the Gates evil empire, is what will sign the death warrant for 98 (I use 98SE, and I can see the writing is on the wall, at least if you ever want to add new hardware or software).
Intel also join the "death to Win9x" party - no Win9x/ME drivers for their new chipsets, but all credit to Nvidia for a recent update.

awdiofreq -> RE: Mt. Rainier format compatible with Windows 98 ? (5/16/2004 6:02:11 PM)

I tried contacting the manufacture first before using this forum, it's been a week now & still no response. Maybe I should take that as a sign and not bother purchasing this burner. It's an LG Electronics GCE-8525B 52x32x52. Thanks to all.

emperor -> RE: Mt. Rainier format compatible with Windows 98 ? (5/17/2004 11:40:24 AM)

Yes DBurg can answer is Win98/SE are fully or not supported

dburg -> RE: Mt. Rainier format compatible with Windows 98 ? (5/17/2004 12:30:50 PM)

Here I come. ;-)

No existing Windows has native MRW support, including latest Windows XP / Server 2003. But InCD 4 does include MRW support (formats and writes it, plus provide an EasyWrite Reader to read MRW media on legacy devices) and this support is not dependent from the Windows revision. So yes, InCD 4 will enable you to use the MRW functionality of your LG recorder under Windows 98.

Most likely Microsoft will add native MRW support in its next major release of Windows.

awdiofreq -> RE: Mt. Rainier format compatible with Windows 98 ? (5/17/2004 10:15:26 PM)

Thanks DBurg for the quick response and definitive info. I can now purchase this burner with confidence that it'll be compatible. Also, thanks to everyone else who replied.

emperor -> RE: Mt. Rainier format compatible with Windows 98 ? (5/18/2004 5:33:55 PM)

You welcome [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI