NU drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality

emperor -> NU drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements! (4/29/2004 8:11:21 PM)

NU drives will support PI/PO and Jitter measurements with upcoming CD-DVD Speed v3.00 as the following picture show...

[image]local://upfiles/16874/950D40CD2A9149EF89EB0659814C9CA1.gif[/image]

Maybe an alternative to the famous LiteOn/KProbe combination?

emperor -> RE: New drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements (4/29/2004 8:13:08 PM)

and also a screenshot from upcoming DVDInfoPro v3.00 (Source) [;)]

[image]local://upfiles/16874/64B9F68CB2234579A5FFC27647E0C231.gif[/image]

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: New drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements (4/29/2004 9:32:45 PM)

Wow! I never thought those drives were capable of so much! I wonder if I can find one in Canada?

How does the error checking compare with LiteON drives and K-Probe, or Optorite drives and UM Doctor Pro II ???

Tony Veglis -> RE: New drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements (4/30/2004 5:54:01 AM)

None of these utilities give similar quality scans. I believe Plextools is more accurate but it seems to likes the Plextor media brand name more..

Even results coming out from CD Cats or Expert Magnetics pro equipment are not comparable. Each device is "stronger" in different kind of measurements, and the combination of those two might give the most objective results.

emperor -> RE: New drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements (4/30/2004 6:05:42 AM)

Dolphy, you have that in mind, wait until the proper tests (and proper conclusions) are made. For sure there will be more drives than NU (and LiteoN) reporting PI/PO errors soon [;)]

Matthew -> RE: New drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements (4/30/2004 12:56:43 PM)

So who and what are NU?

Are they rebranding other mechanisms?
Are they using a common chipset?

how long before we see a CDRINFO review?

emperor -> RE: New drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements (4/30/2004 3:41:49 PM)

NU-Tech is a new manufacturer (not OEM), uses Philips chipset and comes from Taiwan, check their website, as for CDRInfo review, it will take some days, we have arranged other drives first...

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (5/1/2004 6:23:49 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

emperor -> RE: New drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements (5/1/2004 9:16:09 AM)

The software just reports what the drive returns...

MP3Mogul -> RE: New drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements (5/1/2004 4:20:30 PM)

Yes, the LiteOn SOHW-812s supports PI/PO, and turned out some excellent results as well... with the proper media..

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (5/1/2004 6:59:54 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: New drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements (5/2/2004 1:43:05 AM)

The problem with "safe results" is that we don't have a way of translating error levels from K-probe scans to real life tests on DVD Players. Why not? because everyone uses different liteon models for scanning, and there are more variables then can be easily identified.

However... there are people at work on solutions, but time is a big obstacle... especially since a couple of us involved have either more then one job, or are both working and going to school!

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (5/2/2004 7:06:25 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

emperor -> RE: New drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements (5/2/2004 5:30:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dolphinius_Rex

The problem with "safe results" is that we don't have a way of translating error levels from K-probe scans to real life tests on DVD Players. Why not? because everyone uses different liteon models for scanning, and there are more variables then can be easily identified.

The problem is that even...same type (model) LiteOn drives cannot give same or almost same results...We have some big testing going on and hopefully we can present something soon [8|]

nicw -> RE: New drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements (5/15/2004 6:00:15 AM)

Folks,

DVDInfoPro V3.0 beta 1 is now available in limited numbers for Nu drives. Those wishing to participate in testing of the new Pi/ Po/ Pi+ / Po+ and Jitter tests please email me directly nicw@bigpond.net.au

emperor -> RE: New drives supporting PI/PO and Jitter measurements (5/15/2004 8:08:20 AM)

Nicw that is nice, send me with email a link for the beta1 version...I could suggest several improvements [;)]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI