Writing on CDR (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media

Sully -> Writing on CDR (1/4/2002 11:28:41 AM)

They all say "use oil-based felt-tip pen".
WHERE do you get such things?? Any particular brand?

Kazumi -> RE: Writing on CDR (1/4/2002 12:45:52 PM)

Currently I'm using TDK CD-R PEN. I bought a 4 color pack (black, blue, red and green) at FNAC for less than 6. I don't know if there are better brands. This works for me.

Bistro -> RE: Writing on CDR (1/5/2002 1:03:36 AM)

In the States I often see markers made specially for CD's at stores such as Best Buy or CompUSA. I'd consider looking anywhere blank media are sold.

freonchill -> RE: Writing on CDR (1/6/2002 3:40:04 AM)

screw all that

stanford sharpie !!
garanteed to work and not give you problems down the road

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=no&expansionOID=-536894650&prodBlockOID=54927

look there and you will know what im talking about (if you dont have a clue)

and as you can tell, they are like like $0.50 each (real expensive!!)

the 'ultra fine' ones dont work that well but the 'fine' ones work great (fine is like 1cm to 1mm over 2cm distance; if you get what im saying for tip size)

Pi.

netman -> RE: Writing on CDR (1/6/2002 11:26:34 AM)

i'm with freonchill. i only use sharpies. i must say i have seen several articles saying that these pens will cause problems in the long run. i think they're supposed to eat through the outside coating or something like that but i have cds several years old that were written on by sharpies that have no problems. i use the ultra-fine ones too.

The Spatula -> RE: Writing on CDR (1/8/2002 6:17:05 PM)

Gah! Just get a Sharpie. I was at CompUSA the other day and I was about to purchase a thin no-name CD marker. Price - $4. Screw that! Needless to say I didn't buy it.

Agent -> RE: Writing on CDR (3/4/2002 11:37:51 PM)

Anymore feedback on this topic?

Kawasaki -> RE: Writing on CDR (3/5/2002 12:48:25 PM)

In UK you get the TDK 4 pack markers for about 5 in PC World. I'm sure I saw them on the internet for 1.80. I hate PC World. :-(

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.660156E-02