Sor D. -> RE: InCD Illegal Request (12/13/2001 9:20:40 PM)
Thank you Craig for the instructions. I followed them but the problem persisted. Some observations:
1. In Windows 2000 when you use the CTL-ALT-DEL Keys a screen comes up from which you may select the Task Manager, which has several tabs. There are no programs that show up on that screen.
2. The recorder is a SCSI recorder connected to an Adaptec PCI SCSI card. How do you disable the DMA option?
3. I have written two very descriptive emails to Ahead Software's tech support without receiving any answer. Is the address found in the Helptool correct and, if so, do you know what their support policy is?
Try the below steps.
Trouble Shooting Steps:
1) Use Nero to do a Full Erase on the CDRW media.
2) Upgrade to InCD 2.3.2 or later, and use this to format the CDRW
3) If you have trouble with installing InCD, or its acting strange after you install. try installing in the following fashion:
a) First uninstall InCD from your system, if you have not already, through the Control Panels Add/Remove Programs Featrue.
b) Then use the CTL-ALT-DEL Keys(entered all at one time) and close all programs that show up in the window that pops up, except for SYSTRAY and EXPLORER
c) Now install InCD 2.3.2 or later, and then reboot and see if your issue is resolved.
4) Before formatting the CDRW media, use the CTL-ALT-DEL Keys(entered all at one time) and close all programs that show up in the window that pops up, except for SYSTRAY and EXPLORER
5) In some cases, disabeling the DMA for the recorder will resolve the issue.