ScreenShots (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion

killalot57 -> ScreenShots (5/22/2008 10:45:58 PM)

I know how to take a screenshot on my computer, all I have to do is press the Print Screen Button, but How do I take super high resolution pictures, I mean super high like thay take up a gigabyte in size.... Or if they don't make that whats the highest resolution thing I can take.... I mean is there a program that does that?

SithTracy -> RE: ScreenShots (5/23/2008 1:28:12 AM)

It is what it is... A screen capture of a window.  Want it bigger?  ... paste it in a photo editing app and save it as a TIF.  There is not a ton of complexity in a screen capture... your probably capturing the color pallette of the application or whatever... and all that was meant to do was be easy on the eyes and direct them to areas that needed attention for a usability purpose.  Screen capures are not photography... you're not using a camera and you're not outside capturing the world through a dSLR.  While I work in the computing world and I help out on this and various forums, it's my job and my hobby is photography.  Am I good at it?  No, not really (well, I don't think so yet), but I take decent photos and I enjoy it.  I don't want to spend anymore time in front of a keyboard and monitor than I have to.

What are you trying to accomplish with your screen captures, young killalot57?  ... also, try ALT+PRINT SCREEN to capture only the active window or try a utility like SnagIt.

killalot57 -> RE: ScreenShots (5/23/2008 1:59:57 AM)

Well maybe I should just explain what I want to do as an example, My mom has been looking for posters for a game "Myst" but she can't find any, I want to take a screenshot while I'm playing it "of the entire display" but I don't want it's resolution to be the same as what my computer is set to which is "1280 by 1024", I want it to take a very high resolution screenshot thats like 2000 by 2000 or however big a poster is. But I also want it to have good detail, thats why I don't just make it bigger in adobe because them I think it would get pixally... right?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI