Base encoder (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion

killalot57 -> Base encoder (5/13/2008 11:03:50 PM)

I know an online text,binary,base64, etc encoder/decoder, but I want one that will convert text to a higher base like base 128 or something very large, does anyone know of one?

SithTracy -> RE: Base encoder (5/14/2008 9:49:06 AM)

Sounds to me like you are looking for some encryption tools... Have you looked at GNU Privacy Guard (OpenPGP)?

killalot57 -> RE: Base encoder (5/15/2008 2:48:01 PM)

All I can find there are source codes.... am I suppose to download them and compile the program myself?

SithTracy -> RE: Base encoder (5/15/2008 5:00:23 PM)

Nope, there are pre-complied windows binaries there.  Scroll down on the download page.

killalot57 -> RE: Base encoder (5/16/2008 12:48:15 AM)

hahahahahaha I really really feel like a little nooby kid.... but anyway I had looked at the entire page and seen the binary file I just didn't know what it meant, then I downloaded it, then I looked in the programs folder and couldn't find the app.... Then I read the read me.... it was.... um.... wow. Lets keep in mind I'm not even a scriptkiddy, I'm just.... I mean.... It was a lot to take in but I'll try to figure it out to... um... you know.. advance my... knowledge or whatever, thanks.

killalot57 -> RE: Base encoder (5/16/2008 1:17:33 AM)

okay, it didn't take long for me to give up (I hope you not dissapointed), but I don't think I'm even really on the right track. I tried making a batch command of...

$ ./autogen.sh --build-w32
$ make
$ cp g10/gpg*.exe  /some_windows_drive/

then executing it in the "not a program" directory, but It was just a wild guess foe me that; that would work because I don't know what it means...

P.S. this is great experience for me, now I know how my mom feels when I try to explain downloading or something simple to her and she doesn't undestand, also If your like me you should be getting a little irritated...

SithTracy -> RE: Base encoder (5/16/2008 6:46:56 PM)

If cli (command line interface) is too much for you to figure out, try a free GUI for gpg like GPGshell.

killalot57 -> RE: Base encoder (5/18/2008 1:19:35 AM)

Aha! I know what GUI means! thats familar, about CLI though, I'm really not good with that, I just never even started getting good at it.... whats the type of thing your would learn about to get better at that and dos commands? Java-Script?

SithTracy -> RE: Base encoder (5/18/2008 9:41:13 AM)

To learn DOS commands, learn DOS.  While it is not manuafactured anymore, there is a project called FreeDOS.  If you want to learn something that has a huge CLI interface, look at Linux.

killalot57 -> RE: Base encoder (5/19/2008 11:26:47 PM)

Isn't linux an operating system? It would be really bad if I got a computer that relied heavily on CLI if I didn't know it at all, I'll look for a book or something on dos and start from there....

... I wish I was old enough to take computer lessons...

Can I practice dos commands by running CMD? or by writting batch commands? same thing right?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI