Limewire or router help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion

killalot57 -> Limewire or router help (5/11/2008 12:01:31 AM)

Does anyone use limewire anymore? I mostly use torrents but I still like to upload through limewire just because I'm nice, but anyway, I hear you cant browse the host of someone your downloading from in limewire if they're internet connection goes through a router, my internet connection goes through a router, but I want people to be able to browse my host and see all of the files I make available to them so.... Is there a way to "bypass/fix" that so that they can browse my host anyway?

MP3Mogul -> RE: Limewire or router help (5/12/2008 6:29:07 PM)

Limewire is the "Number 1" way to get arrested for illegally sharing files...

That note aside, and assuming you are not sharing "illegal" files, you are safe.

What is the brand and model of your router???  Some have hardware protection built in, some don't.

I would "NEVER" let someone have access to see my files on my computer.  Are you aware that a less that desired person could format your hard drive with you giving them this access?

killalot57 -> RE: Limewire or router help (5/12/2008 11:34:51 PM)

I didn't know SOmeone could do that through limewire, also I've heard that thing about being arrested a lot but hearing it from you is different from hearing it from my mom, lol. Anyway not that I have illegal files "cough" but If some malicous delinquent were to put something like that on my computer I wouldn't want to be blamed "cough cough", so anyway, Considering those two things I guess I'd rather not know, thanks anyway.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI