Extracters (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion

killalot57 -> Extracters (4/21/2008 9:34:49 PM)

Hello, I have a .rar file I downloaded about 97.5% so I can't extract it properly, it takes up about 500mbs but I can only extract 170 with winrar, is there a program or better yet a setting in winrar that will extract the entire file anyway?
                                                                                                          Thanks,
                                                                                                                Killalot57

SithTracy -> RE: Extracters (4/21/2008 10:08:41 PM)

Try 7-Zip.... open source and free of charge.  GUI is not the best but it's a great archiving tool.

killalot57 -> RE: Extracters (4/21/2008 11:08:20 PM)

I use winrar, and IZarc for that IZarc can compress and extract 7z, I guess what I meant to ask was if theres some sort of "force extracter" that will extract everything out of an archive despite whether or not it's corrupted?

SithTracy -> RE: Extracters (4/21/2008 11:39:46 PM)

Ah... corruption... tough one.  That means data recovery and it is tough to do to a compressed file.  PKZIP did a horrible job at it, but they made an attempt.  I never recovered a zip archive with pkzipfix.

killalot57 -> RE: Extracters (4/22/2008 12:13:07 PM)

Nuts! I can tell by the way you said it that one probably doesn't exist.... oh well...  guess I'll just have to fnd a way to re-dowload the file

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI