sony dru 840a or samsung SH-S202 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives

kamrananvaar -> sony dru 840a or samsung SH-S202 (3/14/2008 4:54:57 PM)

Hi everybody, I'd like to ask you for help in choosing dvd burner with p-ata interface.

I' ve read many reviews and opinions on the abovementioned burners and am at a loss. I simply don't know what to choose.

Priority for me is the quality, I really don't care for speed or noise the burner generates. I mostly burn DVDs, and have many disc burnt already so I am also expecting good error correction (because many of disc are already in pooor condition..).

I'd be grateful if you could give your own opinion on both:

as these r the only two dvd rw available in local markets

I am willing to upgrade or modify the firmware if it helps in features and or quality increase, even willing to cross firmware
I mean i know u can cross firmware a liteon on some sony models and if that gives a better drive that would be really kool!![image]http://club.cdfreaks.com/images/smilies/2/cool.gif[/image]

kamrananvaar -> RE: sony dru 840a or samsung SH-S202 (3/15/2008 11:09:24 AM)

hi folks i got the sh-s202j/rsbn
f/w=sb01
any idea wats the best firmware

got the S202J.SB01.patched-fb-fr.rar on unrar i have two bin files which one to use
S202J.SB01.patched-fb-fr.bin
S202J.SB01.patched-fr.bin

SithTracy -> RE: sony dru 840a or samsung SH-S202 (3/15/2008 11:42:11 AM)

Not really sure what you are looking to gain with using modded firmware.  I've got the Samsung SH-S203B and it works fine for my needs using the Samsung supported firmware (SB03).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI