Slow Burn with Plextor PX-800a (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives

vagvp -> Slow Burn with Plextor PX-800a (3/5/2008 1:32:31 AM)

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased a brand new PX-800a but unfortunately it's burning nutoriously slow.  Took me about 20-25 minutes to burn a 4gb dvd.  I have checked if DMA is on, it is, I"m running xp pro, x2 4200, 2gb ram, raptor 36gb os drive.  Everything is top notch, my previous drive was working perfectly, some lite-on with lightscribe functionality, until in crapped out on me, and I jumped the bandwagon to go on to the plextor side.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The only thing I have not gotten a chance to do is try different media.  I'll try to pick some up later today.  thank again

SithTracy -> RE: Slow Burn with Plextor PX-800a (3/5/2008 6:10:25 AM)

Problem is, you've been duped into thinking you bought a Plextor.  The last two real Plextor drives were the PX-755A/SA and PX-760A.  Plextor dropped out of the optical drive industry.  Sure, they still sell them... they put their name on someone else's drive.  I can't recall who actually made the PX-800A (it was either NEC/Sony/Optiarc or LITEON).

Still, though, you should be able to burn faster than that.  What are you using to burn (Nero, ImgBurn, Roxio)?  Are you sure DMA is active on your IDE channel?  What controller is your motherboard using for your IDE?

vagvp -> RE: Slow Burn with Plextor PX-800a (3/5/2008 11:18:17 AM)

I'm using an asus av8-sli deluxe.  I believe my chipset is the nvidia nforce 4.  I've checked in device manager confirming that dma is on, and the weird thing is read spead is normal, copied over an entire dvd in 4-5 minutes.  Only thing is writing.  I'm using Nero 8 as burning software.  The drive is on the second ide channel and it is on Ultra DMA Mode 4.  Thanks again any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

vagvp -> RE: Slow Burn with Plextor PX-800a (3/5/2008 11:24:41 AM)

Just burnt a cd not dvd, and it went through a whole cd in a little over 2 minutes.  What I realized also is that the Used Read Buffer in nero when burning a dvd never maintains a steady 98-100% as it does when I burnt the cd.  I also just tried using different dvd media and still got the same problem.  

SithTracy -> RE: Slow Burn with Plextor PX-800a (3/5/2008 6:02:45 PM)

What brand and media ID DVD's are you burning to?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.489258E-02