Music/Codeing Question... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion

killalot57 -> Music/Codeing Question... (2/27/2008 10:13:18 PM)

You know how it you open a music file with notepad then you'll get a very long string of symbols and stuff, can i manually type in that and save it as a .mp3 to make my own?

P.S. I know it would take forever but i got a crazy angle!!! mwa ha ha!!!

SithTracy -> RE: Music/Codeing Question... (2/28/2008 6:30:41 AM)

Nope... that is just how notepad is representing the binary data... the best it can.  If you were to open that file in notepad and re-save it, it would likely no longer play back or if the file header remained intact, you would hear something that resembled the song but with some audible differences.

killalot57 -> RE: Music/Codeing Question... (3/8/2008 2:44:12 AM)

Would having a higher processor "like 64 bit or sumtin" make said technique work better? "via the theory that more bits = more symbols"

SithTracy -> RE: Music/Codeing Question... (3/8/2008 8:17:01 AM)

Data is data.... if you modify/save it in an editor that does not support the structure, it's pretty much useless.  If you want to alter an MP3 or WAV file, try Audacity.... It's free.

killalot57 -> RE: Music/Codeing Question... (3/9/2008 3:35:21 AM)

I  have audacity on my old mac.... not registered... but thats okay I don't need to convert musiv, it's just that theres this old program "res edit" on my old mac "os 9.2" and if I open up a sound file I get a string of numbers, and I was hoping that there was a way to copy them from there move them to my PC in a text doc, and save as a midi or sumtin, but I guess not so thanks anyway

SithTracy -> RE: Music/Codeing Question... (3/9/2008 9:34:07 AM)

If you are trying to transport it as a text doc, download GnuPG (OpenPGP) and "enarmor" it:

gpg --enarmor sourcefile.mp3

There, it is now a text file.  Send it where you like... To get it back to the way it was:

gpg --dearmor --output destinationfile.mp3 sourcefile.mp3.asc

killalot57 -> RE: Music/Codeing Question... (3/9/2008 9:12:12 PM)

Thanks but that looks a little to complicated for me, I think I should at least know what and openpgp "or whatever it is" is before I download it, thanks anyway

killalot57 -> RE: Music/Codeing Question... (3/10/2008 11:09:57 PM)

MWA HA HA, I DID IT, I know!!! YEEES YESS!!!!!! Who needs reverse engineering! Not me !!! I didn't need the open gl thing either!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI