cadoo -> Symantec Previews Norton 360 version 2.0 (12/19/2007 1:23:21 PM)
Symantec today announced that version 2.0 of Norton 360 will be available by early-January 2008.
Norton 360 version 2.0 will deliver new features including:
Browser Protection ? Norton 360?s browser protection technology secures the browser against attacks, proactively blocking new, unknown malware before they hit the PC.
Norton Identity Safe? Secure password and form auto-fill, along with a password vault, combine with Symantec?s antiphishing technology to offer protection against online fraud
Backup to Blu-Ray and iPod ? More options for backup destinations, including Blu-ray, iPods and shared drives.
- Intelligent background scanner silently automates security and performance tasks
- Home network mapchecks the status of wireless security, maps connected devices, and provides advice to help users manage network security settings
- Manually scan individual files and folders with a simple right click and select
- Antiphishing protection combined with Web site authentication for Firefox
- One-click login to trusted sites with Norton Identity Safe
- Tighter integration with Windows Explorer, allowing backup status for each document, music file and photo to be viewed in Windows Explorer
- Add a file for backup by right clicking and selecting
- Ability to optimize PC performance by removing unneeded registry files, which can build up over time and slow down the computer
- Option for automatic shutdown upon task completion - Diagnostic report for easy system troubleshooting and problem solving
- Internet browser cleanup capability extended to the Firefox browser
Once available, public beta can be downloaded at www.norton.com/norton360version2.