Sound card for my Laptop (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio

major9686 -> Sound card for my Laptop (8/11/2007 11:26:29 AM)

Hey there .. I didnt know if to post this in the Audio or Hardware section :(

anyways I moved my PC to another room .. and in my room I got stuck with my Creative Inspire 4.1 speakers ..
my Laptop HP Pavillion de8371ea has only 2 plugs for audio: input mic. & output headset \ SPDIF ...
since I dont have enough plugs I decided to buy an external Sound card ...
those are the cards Ive found so far :
PCMCIA Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook Audio Card
CREATIVE USB SOUND BLASTER LIVE! 24BIT EXTERNAL
Zalman ZM-RSSC
Creative Audigy 2 NX
Creative Digital Music

what do you think ?
which should I pick ? do you have any other suggestions ?
I dont wanna spend too much on it though :(

I also got some problem with my Nvidia 7600 GO .. I cant seem to set its s-video output as Component although from what Ive understood the 7600GO series is HD .. like my PC card - 7600GT ..
hmm .. any idea on how to fix it ? if not I guess I will connect it to my LCD TV through DVI\VGA\PC connection .. or buy some DVI->HDMI connector ..

thanks in advance :)

SithTracy -> RE: Sound card for my Laptop (8/11/2007 12:08:24 PM)

Hey major9686... I'm guessing you're gaming on your laptop a bit... Personally, I would go for the cheapest solution if I was gaming on a laptop and needed multi-channel sound... after all, it is a laptop.  I wouldn't want to invest a fortune in it.

That said, all I do on my laptop (issued from my job) is play music and I found an additional use for my Griffin iMic (2 channel USB sound card with line input)... Perhaps that might be good enough for you with a mini-jack splitter to duplicate 2 channel sound to the rear speakers...  Heck that would be the cheapest solution to use with the internal sound on the laptop... Just a suggestion.

Best of luck,

Sith

major9686 -> RE: Sound card for my Laptop (8/11/2007 12:41:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SithTracy

Hey major9686... I'm guessing you're gaming on your laptop a bit... Personally, I would go for the cheapest solution if I was gaming on a laptop and needed multi-channel sound... after all, it is a laptop.  I wouldn't want to invest a fortune in it.

That said, all I do on my laptop (issued from my job) is play music and I found an additional use for my Griffin iMic (2 channel USB sound card with line input)... Perhaps that might be good enough for you with a mini-jack splitter to duplicate 2 channel sound to the rear speakers...  Heck that would be the cheapest solution to use with the internal sound on the laptop... Just a suggestion.

Best of luck,

Sith

have you checked those cards I posted ?
any of them good ? better than others ?

SithTracy -> RE: Sound card for my Laptop (8/11/2007 4:58:15 PM)

Never had a desire for one, but I think I read favorable reviews for the Creative USB SoundBlaster Live.

major9686 -> RE: Sound card for my Laptop (8/12/2007 7:29:58 AM)

well .. I will wait for more opinions before I will buy something ....
where r all the mods ?

it used to be so much more lively here ..
I barely see new topics :(

SithTracy -> RE: Sound card for my Laptop (8/12/2007 10:00:10 AM)

quote:

where r all the mods ?
Good Question.  Wish I had an answer... though, it is the summer in the northern hemisphere.

major9686 -> RE: Sound card for my Laptop (8/12/2007 4:17:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SithTracy

quote:

where r all the mods ?
Good Question.  Wish I had an answer... though, it is the summer in the northern hemisphere.

dont even remind me that :(
Im melting here ..

MP3Mogul -> RE: Sound card for my Laptop (8/12/2007 5:05:41 PM)

I'm here daily

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.501465E-02