Printable Media & Slot Loading CD Players (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media

RazorFace -> Printable Media & Slot Loading CD Players (11/24/2006 12:14:45 PM)

I'm using an Epson Stylus Photo R320 to print directly to CDs, but some of them won't be excepted by slot loading car cd players.  Why?

SithTracy -> RE: Printable Media & Slot Loading CD Players (11/24/2006 1:22:39 PM)

I have to ask... not trying to be a jerk... you are printing to the printable side of the media right and it is ink jet printable media?  The discs are closed when you insert them into the player???  What kind of car deck are you having issues with?

I don't own an Epson printer, but I have received some cd mixes from friends that have ink jet media and they play fine in my Pioneer car deck.

MP3Mogul -> RE: Printable Media & Slot Loading CD Players (11/24/2006 3:55:39 PM)

Not all printable media is the same as well.  Some of the surfaces I noticed are a bit slippery and this is the reason they sometimes fail to load.

SithTracy -> RE: Printable Media & Slot Loading CD Players (11/24/2006 4:18:39 PM)

The stuff I've had luck with... Verbatim media.

MP3Mogul -> RE: Printable Media & Slot Loading CD Players (11/24/2006 5:35:31 PM)

Same here as well, never had a problem with the Verbatims.

RazorFace -> RE: Printable Media & Slot Loading CD Players (11/25/2006 1:09:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SithTracy

I have to ask... not trying to be a jerk... you are printing to the printable side of the media right and it is ink jet printable media?  The discs are closed when you insert them into the player???  What kind of car deck are you having issues with?

I don't own an Epson printer, but I have received some cd mixes from friends that have ink jet media and they play fine in my Pioneer car deck.

The players in question are my brother & my brother-in-law's.  The former player won't except any discs I've printed (correctly ;-) they work in my car), and the latter, has so far, only failed once.  All using the same blank media.

The players are stock to the Tahoe & Toyota truck, respectively.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI