Intro and mission of mercy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself

wirehawker -> Intro and mission of mercy (8/21/2006 2:36:35 PM)

Hi to everyone

Intro; I'm male, 55, do a bit of hawking [hence the user name] and trying to help my son who has a problem with his NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A drive --- which is how I found the forum by doing a search for the drive!

Anyway... may be some one has seen this problem before with the drive - or the same problem with other drives? Although Win XP loads the driver for it there is an error message stating; "driver loaded but can not find hardware - error 41" Windows help is of no... help at all and I've just emailed NEC from their web page as I can't find the drive number listed.

Although it will run run all types of disks [CD & DVD] there is still this error. He's also had problems installing iTunes for his iPod --- fails to complete installation?

Anyone able to help?

Much obliged if you can.

Frank

adiadidas -> RE: Intro and mission of mercy (8/21/2006 4:43:10 PM)

I actually have exactly the same problem. Any help would be much obliged for sure.
PS
What do you mean by that? Intro and mission of mercy

wirehawker -> RE: Intro and mission of mercy (8/21/2006 6:05:46 PM)

The 'mission of mercy' bit? Because I was posting for my son whose computer has the DVD_RW drive... me on a mission of mercy --- just my sense of humour![;)]

Hope you get some help as well. The lad's lucky as I've found out from him he took out an extended type warrenty so maybe... just maybe... a techie will be coming out to sort out his PC. He's now unable to do a system restore as there isn't a restore point available - message from the system restore programme or run anything on it now - 'though it would just before I posted to the forum! [:@]

wirehawker -> RE: Intro and mission of mercy (8/22/2006 10:22:22 AM)

For adiadidas -UPDATE to the son's DVD drive problem - reply from NEC support;

Dear Customer,

This is a known issue with Windows XP, please read article 314060 on the Microsoft Knowledge Base to resolve this problem.

Link to Article 314060; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/en-us

Regards

Mark Hallsworth

NEC Data Storage Support.

email: datastorage.support@UK.neceur.com

For Firmware updates please visit: www.de.nec.de/softwareoverview2.php/id/1333

Dead easy to sort out. Just read the aricle in the link, download the 314060 [I saved to the desktop] then when ready just double click to extract it and follow any instructions. All it asked me to answer was which computer, as there's a home network, then did its thing in a split second, had to manually restart computer and CD/DVD was uasable again.

adiadidas -> RE: Intro and mission of mercy (8/22/2006 1:51:55 PM)

Yeah ok
Its called helpedesk and you can get a reliable answer.
but you have to wait for f***g long time to get the answer [:D]
So, thanks for the asnwer and i will try that as an individual.[8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.513672E-02