secure free email (Full Version)

All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself

andrewb -> secure free email (8/16/2006 7:01:51 AM)

Hey, this ones a bit off topic, but you’re a bunch of clued up guys & I’d like some advice. I’m an anti mafia activist & I sometimes have trouble with criminal hackers. I used Mailvault but they were into it in a single day! Yahoo! have strong connections with the organised criminals. Who providesthe most secure free email?
 http://community.channel4.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/503603557/m/9910018204

SithTracy -> RE: secure free email (8/16/2006 7:59:09 AM)

If you want truly secure e-mail, learn how to use OpenPGP encryption and exchange information with people using it.  For free, you can use Mozilla Thunderbird, with the Enigmail plug-in along with GnuPG.

That's as secure as it gets.  But you need to read... it is worth it for security.

andrewb -> RE: secure free email (8/24/2006 9:53:20 AM)

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

sp -> RE: secure free email (8/24/2006 10:22:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SithTracy
... For free, you can use Mozilla Thunderbird, with the Enigmail plug-in along with GnuPG.

Very informative indeed, thank you!

SithTracy -> RE: secure free email (8/24/2006 11:52:49 AM)

You're welcome, assuming you are both Windows users, this link may be of some assistance as well:

A Practical Introduction to GNU Privacy Guard in Windows

Feel free to ask more questions and I'll assist where I can... If you are interested, there are tons of areas to look for information on OpenPGP... You can use Google, search for Security/Encryption in Yahoo Groups, or good 'ol usenet (though it is a full of trolls and spammers).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI